TAT Tattoo problems

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 4W4K3, Sep 7, 2007.

1. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Was planning to get tattoo's tomorrow. I've gone to one place and took my GF there as well, no problems, very happy.

Then my GF gets freaked out because one of her friends got a tattoo there and it turned out all bumpy and disfigured after it healed. She said they tattoo'd "too deep" or something along those lines, and it distorted as it healed.

How is this possible?

She is now convinced that tattoo's are meant to be very shallow in your skin. But I am convinced the less deep it is, the faster it discolors, fades, etc.

Who is right? My tattoo from this place turned out fine, I love it. Hers turned out fine as well, no problems. But she is now refusing to go back there because of her friends, and I'm about to just fuck this whole idea of getting tattooed together, and just go alone. :wtc:

2. Memor

Memor Active Member

Your friend probably had shitty skin for healing, reacted poorly to the ink, or just had a BS artist. If you've had nice work done there by one person there's no reason not to go back. Tattooists go both deep and light varying on color, shading, ink type, skin area, etc...there's a ton that goes into it. You'll be fine.

cliffs: shove a glass in the gf's mouth and go get inked

3. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

The tattoo I got was solid black, one shade/tone, very basic. It turned out great. My GF got the exact same one.

I don't know about how she cared for the tattoo while it was healing, and I'd put money on she didn't cover it and probably put makeup all over it and it got infected.

I'm willing to at least visit this other shop, but no promises. I already know I like the first shop. This other place has TV ads and all kinds of publicity, I'm not big on that. Small places that are more "personal" are what I like.

4. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

Yes, you can have a tattoo that is too 'deep', it creates a little bit of scar tissue if I'm not mistaken. My atari logo on my back is definately raised/too deep.

5. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Was it noticeably more painful when being applied? My tattoo felt like someone poking me with a mechanical pencil, no pain at all. But it is small, and it turned out perfectly smooth.

I guess I'll raise my concerns at the new place and see how they respond. My new one is going to be a wrap around my right arm, a lot bigger than my first, but still solid black, one shade/tone.

6. Memor

Memor Active Member

pain's not a good indicator, it's totally dependent on the area you're getting tattooed on as well as the person. Obviously a tattoo can be to deep, etc, that's not what I meant. I'd just be as picky as you can about the tattoo shops and find the best one you're willing to make the trip to. So many people have shit tattoos done by shit artists - it's pretty much always worth the trip to a solid spot

7. joy division

joy division New Member

see if your dick tastes good in her mouth, that will be a great indicator of how she heals.

8. Yamzz

Yamzz The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convi

7 layers of epidermis. tattooing ...PROPER tattooing penetrates about 2-3 layers. proper tattoos take the equal cooperation of tattooist and tattooee. If paul booth blasted you up but you rubbed shit on it...instant fucked up tattoo. vice versa. as far as fading, there's a lot of things to take into consideration. quailty of ink, has the pigment been stacked to give more stronger color, placement..(quality of skin) arm skin> foot skin. does it (tattoo) see sun often and does said person take care of tattoo. lotion and moisturizers? all those things contribute to a successful vivid tattoo or a burn up blob of colors

9. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Forgot about this thread!

It's still healing, already peeled once. So far no complaints, I keep it covered at work to keep grease an oil off of it.

[​IMG]

You can see there, he was going pretty deep. Not incredibly painful but I grit my teeth most of the time. Under the arm hurt a lot.

MY GF getting hers done.
    [​IMG]

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Actually you can't see how deep he's going at all. We can't see how far he lets his needles hang out of his machine. :dunno:

11. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

Oh I was referring to how raised my skin was. Someone mentioned because my skin was so raised, that he might have gone too deep. My GF's arm didn't swell as bad as mine, but it may just be the sensitivity of that area on my arm.

12. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

That happens when you get tattooed.

13. KungFool7

KungFool7 keep driving—it's getting earlier

Yea, um...

The skin raises when you get tattooed as a swelling reaction to getting, uh...stabbed.
    that doesn't mean he went too deep.

14. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

:rolleyes: I know that lol.

What I meant was it was raised up considerably MORE than my girlfriends was. It also swelled more than my first tattoo, which is also on my right arm, just lower on the forearm. So I assumed he tattooed deeper, or maybe that area of my arm is just a lot more sensitive.