TAT tattoo placement???

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cuz, Feb 8, 2005.

1. cuz

cuz Guest

i want to get a tattoo that is below the pubic hair line (im a girl by the way) i just want to know if that would be agood idea or if it will get stretched if or when i get pregnent. and not that this really matters to me but does anyone have it in that region because i was wondering how much it would hurt also. but it getting stretched and ruined is my main concern.

2. utanthony

utanthony New Member

wow im dumb, for some reason i thought that said piercing. my bad :hs:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. 12345678

12345678 EH?

it will most definetly stretch

4. Bella

Bella New Member

Firstly it will get stretched if you are pregnant so I would wait after the pregnancy or after you find out your not. Second.. everyones pain tolerance is very different. So from me I'm going to say not bad, but I have a very high pain tolerance. But it may be different for you. So wait till you find out if your going to have a child, if not preggo go for it! Very hott:bigthumb:

5. neebelung

neebelung Guest

I have always had one credo with regard to tattoos (I've only got two, but two more might be in my future).... Don't place them anyplace that will sag/droop or stretch... this pretty much means keep them limited to bony areas. Yes, it'll hurt more initially, but it's better than having that sparrow on your breast look like a flamingo in 20 years (ok, that's a bit dramatic, but you get the idea).

Your pubic area/lower abdomen WILL stretch extensively when/if you ever get pregnant... if you know for sure you want children one day, I would wait till you're done having them, and then get the tattoo to cover any stretch marks/scarring (I just saw some pics the other day of some work a local tattoo artist had done to cover C-section scars and stretch marks on women's abdomens).

Good luck!

6. Mel

Mel RIP James :(

I have one just below my left hip bone. It hurt - not worse than one of the ones on my back, but it hurt. And I'm sure my tattoo will stretch if I get pregnant, but I got it low enough that it won't stretch quite AS much.

7. Mel

I've actually noticed that my bony areas hurt a little less than my slightly fleshier areas. :o

8. neebelung

neebelung Guest

Really? I've always heard bony areas hurt MORE cus there's no padding (except super sensitive areas like the inner arm)... both of mine are on bony areas, and yes, they hurt like hell, but then I'm a wuss.

9. Mel

Some are right over my vertebra, and I felt when they hit bone, but it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the fleshier parts of my back or the top of my behind.

Could just be me, though, because I'd heard the same thing as you. :)

10. neebelung

neebelung Guest

I have one (about 7" wide) right at the base of my tailbone/top of my butt... it's black/tribal, so of course it took forever to fill in... the worst of it was right in the center (cus it goes ALMOST into the crack), but the guy was telling me it SHOULD go 'numb' after a bit due to the location... only it DIDN'T... the outer areas (which are fleshier) hurt, but it was more of a burn than a sharp pain.

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

wow... i love hearing some of this stuff, makes me laugh so much.

1. boney areas don't always hurt more than fatty areas. my stomach(which is pretty damn fat) hurt quite a bit more than my feet or elbows.

2. the tattoo needle NEVER hits bone. it doesnt even come near hitting bone and never should.

12. Laurel

Laurel New Member

When I had my back done, the side parts hurt significantly more than the part over my spine.

13. neebelung

neebelung Guest

I never for a moment thought the needle came in contact (or even close) to bone... Anyone who's taken a basic biology class knows there's a bit more to the human body than that! But I have had tattoo artists say that it will hurt more on bone simple cus there's less "padding" than there is on fleshier areas... Of course it's all dependent upon the location and how many nerve endings there are, as well as the individual's tolerance of pain (mine is quite low!).

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

that wasnt meant for you. Outspoken79 stated that they felt it hit bone. sorry for the confusion.

as for the 'padding' part, i've been getting tattoos for almost 12yrs now and have been working in a shop for 5yrs and have seen thousands of tattoos done. the whole bony/fatty thing is just a myth. it does depend a lot on the person but for the most part i've found that fatty areas hurt quite a bit more

15. neebelung

neebelung Guest

Sorry.. didn't mean to sound defensive... :)

Interesting to know about the 'fatty' areas however... Goes against logic, but I suppose experience doesn't lie! (DOES however make me glad I've not gotten my fattier areas tattoed... as much as the ones I've got hurt, I'd have probably passed out if I got something more sensitive done!)

16. FadeToBright

FadeToBright FadetoFfuu

What about muscular areas? I had a star tattooed on my calf, and man, that hurt a lot. Althought everyone says the outline hurts the most, that didn't bother me. It was the shading..

17. joy division

joy division New Member

I have a tat going from my pubic region up my side to above my nipple on my ribs... for me the hip bone and the ribs were the worst, the stomach and sides close to my back was nothing- felt great in fact...but fuck that hip bone shit. Closer to the groin was more of a wierd burning sensation than normal tattoo pain for me.

An that shit will stretch...

18. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

my calfs hurt too. almost everyone i know hates getting their legs tattooed although tattoo artists love them because the skin stretches itself and its soooo easy to tattoo

19. Mel

Ok. So they don't actually HIT the BONE, but it sure as hell feels like it.

20. Dietrich

Dietrich Guest

I want my tat. in the same place. I chose there because I don't think it'll stretch much. Having said that, I am a guy...

Tom

21. TheNiz

TheNiz Guest

God... as far as I know.. muscle hurts worse than fatty which hurts worse than boney... inside of my arm is all black, and it killed (i was definately a big dude "almost" in tears) Backpiece ranged from my lats burnin to my spine area being just uncomfortable... but as always depends on the person..