TAT Tattoo people, you find yourself doing this?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sparq, Oct 11, 2006.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

Do you like, talk to / look at / question people you see out and about with tattoos? like who did it, where at, etc.? I find myself stopping and checking out peoples tattoos more and more these days. I dont have any noticeable tattoos -- first major piece will hopefully be started/done for xmas if the person I want to do it is available :x:

Just sorta curious if your eyes just like gravitate towards other peoples tattoos... I find it to be a nice conversation starter.

2. Sophie

Sophie New Member

Haha yes...

All my tattoos aren't visable. So most of the time they must be wondering why the hell I'm so interested.

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

not at all. I may look but I won't ask or gawk at them.

Maybe I haven't seen anything spectacular or worth talking to them about :dunno:

Frankly, I get a lot of people asking me who did my tattoos or where'd I go etc. and sometimes it bothers me, so i guess i don't want to bother anyone else

4. Sophie

Sophie New Member

Haha no. I do agree.

I don't really go up to STRANGERS and do it. Maybe like, new friends etc.
    I'm sure I would find it weird if strange girls came up to me and asked about mine.

5. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Oh hell yes. At all the outdoor music festivals around here I have a heydey talking to people about their work, since everyone's running around half naked you get to see a lot of nice stuff.

6. Black98GPGT

Black98GPGT im back....

Yea,good way to find good artists around. I found one by talkin to a guy that has a couple portraits that are real good. Im goin to him for my uncles portrait.

7. Proteus

Proteus OT Supporter

I think there's a time and place to talk to people about it. Stopping someone in the mall or grocery store, probably not the best idea as they might be in a hurry. But if you're both standing in the same line, why not start a convo? Not like either of you have anything better to do :dunno:

8. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Depends on the situation. I've been bothered about tattoos in almost every scenario you can imagine. So if a certain time/place bothers me, then I wont say anything to anyone else in the same position. I hate it the most when I'm out with family/gf trying to eat and have to answer a barrage of stupid questions. I'm always friendly to people about it, but it still gets to me. Standing around, concerts, car shows etc I don't mind it at all and also ask others about their work.

9. sportsjunkie

oh yeah, I completely understand that. I don't mind it when i'm in a line at the store. But I had one woman come up to me in a salon and fucking touch my leg and said 'oooh, where did you get that done? who did it?" :ugh:

i almost fucking kicked her in her face for touching me...shit like that is just whacked

10. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

i always get asked when i go out to bars in the morning. and i usually ask too if they seem approachable. and it not just you. i see people with ink always scoping out other people. it like a tatoo radar. i can feel them looking at my ink

11. xela

xela So say we all!

People stop me all the time and talk to me about my tattoos, but they rarely ask who did it. They just say, "OMG it's so big. Did that hurt?" It's really annoying.

I never stop people and talk to them about their tattoos unless we're already in some type of conversation.

12. BillyJackNCoke

BillyJackNCoke I've got something to say, I raped your mother tod

The guy at the barbershop I go to always ask if mine's new, I've been there 5 times and he asks EVERYTIME!

13. moonie

moonie u want a FRANKYUM?

i hardly ever notice other people's tatt but i've got asked what my tattoo means every now and then.. for the most part because it's a rare chinese character significantly meaninful to me

14. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Oh yeah. Touching me is :nono: people have done that to me when I have really long hair too, just come up and touch it and it's like- wtf! Back up :mad:

15. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Same here, I always have peeps come up to me and ask me about my tat on the back of my neck and back. I'm a woman so I guess peeps are curious about my tat and why I did it. But after awhile it gets old. I keep my long hair down most of the time, but when my hair is up thats when people come up to me.

16. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

i almost puked the other day when this bitch inthe records bureau touched my back becasue she was 'looking' at my tattoo. I HATE to be touched by people i don't know and i'm jumpy as hell about my back. she looked at me like i was crazy when i pulled away like She had a branding iron.

17. StarDamage

StarDamage Good grief! OT Supporter

I dont know - i dont have heaps of tats - but i dont mind when chicks come up and touch them!

But seriously, i do get annoyed when people who dont have tattoos talk to me about tattoos. I dont mind if i can see that someone else has them or is keen to show me theirs and we can have a proper conversation about them and talk about different artists around the area.

But i dont want to hear about these amazing ideas people have for a full backpiece with rainforests and penguins and crap like that when you dont even have an outline or something...

18. owenstar

owenstar New Member

I stop and talk to people about their tattoos...people stop me all the time...most people are cool....some are tools....but thats the same ratio of anyone I talk to anyway so it just aint a big deal....but I nice way to chat with someone about the local scene

StarDamage nailed it...I dont wanna hear about some elaborate piece you wanna get when you dont have a single tattoo at all...

19. xela

xela So say we all!

:rofl: I just love they "Hey, I gotta tat too check it out!" And it's this old, faded tweety bird or something. :rofl:

20. joy division

joy division New Member

Not really because most I see is shit. Unless I'm in a tattoo parlor.

No on approaches me because not only can they not see anything but I look nothing like someone who would have any tattoos.

21. sportsjunkie

:werd: same here

I rarely expose my tattoos and when I do people say I don't look like the type :dunno:

22. Memor

Memor Active Member

ditto

23. JS1

JS1 sup

I observe other people's tattoos but I haven't commented on them because they're always strangers, and I am a little shy. I don't know anyone personally with a tattoo (I am the black sheep in my family and at work!)

A few strangers have commented on mine, which I didn't mind at all. It's like bikers -- we strike up conversations with total strangers about motorcycles, because it's obvious we have the same interests.

Although when I was in the county jail for five days I did talk about tattoos some, because fellow inmates cease to be total strangers after a couple of days, and almost everyone has one. :) Lots of inmates have cheap tattoos -- maybe it's the lower average income?

24. joy division

joy division New Member

That's usually around the time I bukakke their face.