TAT Tattoo info

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BlkGS3, Mar 19, 2005.

1. BlkGS3

BlkGS3 Guest

Im sure this is discussed alot. Im about to go get a tattoo on about half my back and i have a few questions:

1) How much does it really hurt?
    2) How much something that big cost?
    3) my skin sometimes has trouble healing and im wondering is getting a tattoo a bad idea?

2. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

I have two tattoos and both were entirely different. The one under my arm (http://uploads2.offtopic.com/files/DSCF0095.JPG) didn't hurt very much at all. It felt irritating but there wasn't a whole lot of pain per se.

The one low on my stomach (http://uploads2.offtopic.com/files/new_tattoo.jpg) hurt like a bitch. About 5 minutes into the outline I wondered to mysellf how many people just get up and walk out at that point because they can't handle the pain.

How is the one on your back going to feel - probably not too good :hs:

Every artist usallly has an hourly rate or they can quote you a price for an individual piece. A large back piece is usually done over several sessions and the total for a large piece can easily go into the thousands of dollars.

As far as the healing goes - you would know better than I would. A tattoo is a large open wound more or less when you are done with it. It must be kept clean just like any other injury and will take time to heal. The piece on my stomach weeped for about three days.

3. machine81

machine81 New Member

4. TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23

TwIzTiD BaLLeR 23 I'm not great at farewells, so uh... that'll do, p

Is there a story behind the first tattoo you posted?

5. decibel

decibel Guest

It feels like they be doin' indian burns.

6. Lou

Lou New Member

7. Laurel

Laurel New Member

my back tattoo didn't hurt much at all.

8. BlkGS3

BlkGS3 Guest

Yeah you know I HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING about this forum because I been here for SO LONG...

Get that sand out of your snach will ya?

9. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

yeah mine covers about half my back and didn't hurt a bit. but it is different for everyone. also it could get expensive. mine was only a couple of hundred dollars but that was also a quite a few years ago

10. joy division

joy division New Member

The back is probably the nicest spot to get done. I don't know what "half your back" exactly means, but a good back piece would be 2-5000 dollars at least if you include tips. If you are going to a shit tattoo artist (which I would seriously not recommend...go to the best) maybe look at around $1000 to start.

edit: I'm talking about full color/full shading, no space left untouched. If you are just getting an outline or something maybe really simple but large it will be cheap. The more intricate the design the longer it will take....keep this in mind when you are going to a really good artist, it takes time to make amazing things.

11. BlkGS3

BlkGS3 Guest

I want mine to be just black Black. Although ive seen some nice ones in color... That one guy who posted his tat of a Jack from a card deck, that'll look insane with color

12. 12345678

12345678 EH?

i've got tattoos all over the place.

The worst pain was the inside of the armpit, i seriously thought i might die.

I have a big scorpion between my shoulder blades and it didn't hurt at all