TAT Tattoo Ideas/Suggestions v.Virginia Tech

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dazed, Apr 26, 2007.

1. dazed

dazed OT Supporter

Hey everyone.

I want to get my first tattoo soon and I want it to memorialize the VT tragedy.

Only, I don't know what to do.

I was thinking the black ribbon with the VT over it, like my AV, but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Did you know anyone who died/was injured? What's your major? I dunno, try and make it more personalized IMO than just the standard ribbon that I see on everyone's facebook av.

3. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

does that speak to you? is it something you'll be proud to show people? to show people years from now? or do you want something a little more personal. Elfling has a point by saying "make it more personal than everyone's facebook av."

what if you just put the Tech logo somewhere?

my condolences in this time.

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Elfling is on facebook?!?! :noes:

to the OP: I would either incorporate details such as Elfling suggested, the more personalized it is the better it will be imo.

5. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

i would just put the VT logo somewhere on your body

I don't think there's a need for the ribbon personally, as long as you know what it means and symbolizes

6. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i agree - i think once time has passed you will want to remember Tech for more than the shooting. teh logo is a way of honoring the school, the students, and all it/the students stand for and are. the ribbon is a way of mourning, but i don't think you'll want that on your forever. i hope that doesn't sound disrespectful, i just think that you'll want to honor the school more than mourn it forever. does that make any sense? (that's really the feeling i've been getting from many of the people around here who are healing from the tragedy, and i know many many people who either have family at Tech or are alumni, since we're in a main "feeder" area for Tech)