TAT Tattoo idea, tweak it?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by bigman7903, Jul 29, 2007.

1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I found this design online and I really liked the design, but I don't want to put something on me that I found randomly online. Does anyone know of an Oter who would like to tinker w/ this design? I tried to play w/ it myself, but being the perfectionist that I am, I will never be happy w/ what I draw up myself.

If noone here tinkers w/ it, how much would a tattoo artist charge to draw up a couple copies, I wouldnt be getting it inked at the same time I get it drawn up, I want to sit on the design for a while to make sure I'm happy w/ it.

[​IMG]

"what doesnt kill me"

[​IMG]

"makes me stronger"

It would be done around my upper calf, similar to a armband, but on my calf. before anyone tells me that this has no meaning, i'm getting the tattoo because i've suffered two knee surgeries and a broken ankle ending my wrestling seasons my Sr yr of Hs and my Freshman year of college. The only way i'd get the tattoo done is if i come back from both these injuries and wrestle again, i've sort of made it a goal. I've been through so much w/ this damn leg mentally and physically i want to do something to commemorate me overcoming it all. the bad part is the Dr. says i prolly have to get the other knee fixed as well. :wtc:

if anyone is interested, i have high res photoshop documents, as well as adobe illustrator documents and .jpeg's

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  2. essejgnad

essejgnad poopty pangts

You can be my black Kate Moss tonight!

It's kinda hard to read :(

3. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you have trouble making out the letters, i put standard letters directly above the tattoo letters

4. Changed

Changed Guest

so you want to put this around your calf?

I'm no expert, but letters that is somewhat hard to read + wrapping around your leg is going to be pretty impossible to read/appreciate for you and somebody else unless you are standing on your head in the mirror.

5. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

I don't know where i would put it then

6. Changed

Changed Guest

it seems pretty long. I've seen a few people in person with tattoos in this style, but they were words like "Life/Death" on the inside of bicep. Something long like that seems like it'd have to be on your stomach/chest/back

7. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

8. Changed

Changed Guest

I still think it would be pretty badass to have it in the upward arching stomach placement. (ala "Thug Life")

9. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

It's not there for other people to read.

10. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

i def. don't have the stomach to pull that off, nor would it look good 20 years from now once my spare tire has graduated to SUV levels

I wanted it to mark my leg, and i guess i have to rethink where I want it exactly, but how is the design, other suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2007
  11. Tron

Tron New Member

if you want it there get it there, everyone is gonna ask what it says anyways, dont worry about what people say, if you want it there get it there

12. mastershake

mastershake so then i punched her in the mouth

have it go up the back of both your calfs. you know what i mean?

like on the back of your left calf have it vertical saying "what doesnt kill me" and then on the right calf vertically saying "makes me stronger"

btw, what weight did you wrestle?

13. Changed

Changed Guest

the point is to have one tattoo that says both things :uh:

14. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

HWT, i'm currently failing miserably to cut to 197

It being difficult to read around the leg has occured to me many time, i just dont know what to do about it, one hand i think it would relatively unique because i havent seen a ton of people walking around w/ a band around the upper calf nor do i see a lot of ambigrams that aren't life/death or Aquitas/Veritas, but on the other hand i dont want to have something that will look bad or dumb on my leg once its done, i don't want to regret it. i guess i'm just kind of confused about it all, add it to my pile

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  15. The Fugue

The Fugue New Member

I was thinking exactly what you are. Same design, same place everything.

I have since decided not to get it, for personal reasons.