TAT Tattoo House Party

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Uthinkso, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

Has anyone ever had work done by an artist at their personal home or had them come over to your place? I have been to a bunch of tattoo parties, but I have never had any work done.

I will say as a side note, that none of the individuals that had work ever had any problems. My guy does house parties here and there, and I am thinking of having him start my sleeve at either my place or his so I am more comfortable. 6-8hrs of line work is going to be a taxing session to say the least.

2. My brother had one (before I was old enough for a tat) and the work his friend (the tattoo artist) did was just beautiful.

3. Bharnz

Bharnz New Member

How come people never have a dentist work at house parties??
    Think before you INK
    house parties are never in a sterile environment.
    Get it in a shop,
    great work is never cheap, Cheap work is never great.
    Sure you probably wont get an infection, but no self respecting artist will ever do parties, if he is a professional artist, then he's ripping off the shop where he works from.

4. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

^^great point!

5. Hud

Hud Quit Cryin'

You are out of control! Unless you live in a pig sty, then a house is generally just as sterile as a tattoo shop, if not more. Now the artist's instruments are a different story, you just have to know your artist and his method's of sterilization. As for ripping off the shop, do you consider supercuts or something like that being ripped off if your friend that works there cuts your hair at home? I doubt it. I have had and been to tattoo parties, and the guy who does them owns his shop, he also helps his employees book parties, he knows this will put more money in the guy's pocket. He likes his employees to be happy and do good work.

6. Uthinkso

Uthinkso Tattoo Canvas

A friend of mine has them every now and again, and that is how I came to meet my current artist. All of my work by him has been done in studio.

7. wizeguy4

wizeguy4 New Member

I had a tatoo party done at my house, but I had to meet certain "demands" But that did not bother me.

1) I had to have a room with a door dedicated to doing the tattoos
    2) the Room had to have an air conditioner in it with a clean filter in it
    3) Everyone still had to have ID and sign that paper (even my mom!)
    4) don't bug the shit out of him
    5) We had to help him carry all his shit in. He had a big ass heavy fucking chair that was motorized and this lamp that was also very heavy. He brought all of his own stuff (he actually forgot paper towels at his shop and had his wife go run for them rather than use the ones I had)
    6)No smoking allowed in the house

I thought his rules were very fair and was very clean, not too mention comfortable.
    and he brought his own sharps box and took all the needles back with him.

And it was very fun and cool cause we had a bunch of people at my house getting them done

Everyone had to know what they wanted in advance so he could come to the house with all the carbons done. So it was not like anyone was getting a tatoo on a whim. We had 12 people getting tats done. He did take breaks and was at my house for what seemed like all day. But he took many breaks and to eat

oh and he owned the shop so he was not ripping no one off. In fact he told me that he would not even consider doing a party for anything less than 500 bucks in tats cause it was not worth the time to come over with all his stuff. Needless to say - he made more than double that

8. Bharnz

Bharnz New Member

Nope. not out of control, and I don't live in a pig sty, I've been tatting for ten years,one business name, and IMO, its not good business sense to do house parties,
    The biggest cause for an infection is the client not taking good care of the new TATTUZ, people are sue happy these days, so if one would sue , the first Question the courts would ask, is ,was this done at a shop???
    ERR... no it was done at a tattoo party, But they had a clean house..
    any of my guys tattoo out of the shop,, other than at tattoo conventions,
    which are sanctioned, are fired ,
    But thats just me, The tattoo shop across the street from me was doing house parties, they lasted 2 years, and they went out of business.
    Not only the unprofessional side of it.... IMO. its also against the law in my county, as per the rules of the Health Dept. Hell they even give us drug tests.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2004