TAT Tattoo E-pinions???V.likeassholes

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by A-NON-A, Jun 14, 2008.

1. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

Ok guys .. now that my wife's cover-up is started, I am absolutely chomping at the bit to start my sleeves.

Im wondering what your guys opinions are on a couple things.

1. I have for the last couple years created a vision of sleeves that are traditional Hot Rod era sleeves. The problem is I have thought about it soooo long and hard that I know EXACTLY how it looks. I am afraid that if I tell an artist what I envision that I will be dissappointed because of this concrete vision of what it is supposed to be. My back up plan is some traditional Oriental work (already have some traditional oriental work on legs) that is just a basic idea and would leave the creative side to the artist.

2. If I go the 2nd route , I am wondering has anyone seen traditional Oriental pieces done in all red or primarily red with only slight black shading? I ask because I have seen some really nice work recently (even a couple on OT here) where they have primarily black oriental shading work with subtle color highlights? Red is a color that takes and hold real well on my skin as I have some red on my leg that is 10 years old and looks new......

Ok so E-pinions... are like ..... So bare those assholes (Figuratively..no PM's):hsugh:

2. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

No one ? :sadwavey:

3. J

J Active Member

Find an artist that parallels the style you're looking for and work with him. Have him draw it out first until you're satisfied.

4. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

I get that point ... but would you take door #1 or door #2???

5. hurleywurley

hurleywurley OT Supporter

6. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

IMO, go with the hotrod idea. It might just take a little more searching around for the right artist. Something that you have been thinking about getting for awhile and would still be willing to get is always a good idea.

7. Scout

Scout OT Supporter

But there's the chance you tell the artist what you envision and he might come up with something you think is totally awesome.

8. J

J Active Member

Definitely door #1. Why go for less than what you desire?

9. A-NON-A

A-NON-A New Member

I guess I should clarify that door #2 isnt SETTLING in anyway it is another idea that I have had for a few years that I have only determined the basic components of what I want and would leave the artist with more creative free reign if you will.

10. J

J Active Member

Well then seriously, it just comes down to whichever you like more. I'm still for #1.
    Go see some artists, get them to draw up some stuff, and see which one sticks.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  11. Dambrath

Dambrath New Member

You could always go for one sleeve of each, so long as the colors arent too different it woud look fine

12. FoolioABC

FoolioABC New Member

This sounds pretty good. As long as you find a good enough artist, it might even turn out better than you expected

13. urbanlegend

urbanlegend One Love

Do the one you want the most first and try and get the artist to get it to your liking before giving up on idea 1