TAT Tattoo and Traveling

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chicle, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Chicle

Chicle New Member

Alright I have been thinking about this for about 2 years and I am finally ready to go and get my first tattoo, but I have few questions first. The thing is that I leave for Nicaragua on Thursday, I'll be working the whole time I'm there and don't plan on going to the beach or anything like that. So the direct sunlight thing shouldn't be a problem. But is it going to be a hassle to take care of while I am working and traveling constantly? Cuz if I don't get it this week then I will not be able to get it until fall sometime because I'll spend the rest of the year in Mexico and I'll prolly be at a beach once a week or so. I'd really rather just do it now, but is it going to be too much of a hassle with traveling?

2. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

Was there a reason why you thought it would be a problem?

As long as you aren't working construction, breaking out a constant sweat, or consistently rubbing your tattoo it will be fine. Traveling will not stop you from properly taking care of your tattoo.

3. joy division

joy division New Member

1.where is it going to be placed

2. what kind of work will you be doing?

It shouldn't be a problem. I am getting the first part of my chest done, then i leave directly to france...and the day after I get home from france I have my second chest session already lined up. Pretty sure that is going to be a horrible jetlagged experience.

4. Chicle

Chicle New Member

I am planning on just getting a basic outline of a cross on my left shoulder blade. I never thought about the sweating thing. I'll be doing random mission work...painting houses, teaching classes and the like. Possibly some construction.

5. joy division

joy division New Member

eh..just a cross outline on your shoulder blade, you should be ok. Try not to do anything too crazy the first few days if possible.

6. Chicle

Chicle New Member

alright cool I think I can handle not doing anything crazy right away. Thanks a lot guys.

7. the real banjo

the real banjo OT Supporter

it'll be fine

8. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

Just be careful. If you're sweating up a storm, there is a possibility you could run into a problem. If I were you, I wouldn't do it.

9. Ratstink

Ratstink Ink & Iron

I agree. The healing phase is crucial. If you don't take care of it properly and you let that scab get all soggy, the ink won't stick and your going to have spots.

10. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

Not to mention risk of infection, etc.

11. Chicle

Chicle New Member

well I leave tomorrow and I have no ink on me...so I guess I'm waiting till fall. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

12. joy division

joy division New Member

:wtc:

have a great trip.