TAT Tatoo in Foreign Country

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by white lightnin, Jun 13, 2005.

1. white lightnin

white lightnin New Member

I am currently in Europe for the summer and I have a tatoo I would like to get. Any advice or experience on doing so? I might just wait till I get back, but my experiences here have pushed me further towards what I was contemplating.

2. MrEous

MrEous OT Supporter

Just my opinion but if it were me I probably wouldn't do it. Not unless I knew someone in the country and knew, for a fact, about the cleanliness of the place as well as sterilizing techniques.

Too many factors that could go wrong and you could end up with Hepatitis or AIDS.

3. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Where in Europe would you get it?
    I wouldn't advise getting it at some litle Bazzaar in Turkey, but going to a profesional shop in Italy or something shouldn't bring too much of a problem.
    Make sure botht eh ink and needle is sterile and that you see this.

4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

i agree with impovolone. if you can make it to england, there's loads of tattoo shops there as well. Check out shops on bmezine and do some research first though

5. white lightnin

white lightnin New Member

I am in a remote part of France for the summer, so I a bit put off by the language barrier. I think I will probably just wait until I get back to the states. Give me a bit more time to reflect on something that will be very permanent.

Although, I am leaving out of Amsterdam, and I think they would have a few nice shops there. I think I will do some more research. Thanks for the advice.

6. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

I just got one in Spain. I wouldn't really worry about cleanliness of the shops there if they're out in public (ie not down some shitty unlit back alley) as they're actually cleaner than the ones I've seen here in SoCal. The only thing I'd say is make sure you can speak with whomever is doing it and look at their work.

7. Dogz

Dogz interior crocodile moderator

scope it out first, make sure they got a hygeine certificate ive had my tats and piercings done at various places around the UK and never had problems. Just make an educated choice and im sure youll be fine