TAT Tatoo Design

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by RedDawg, Mar 6, 2006.

1. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

How did all of you choose/design your tatoo? I'm not artistic at all so i don't want to even attempt to draw anything by myself, i might have a friend sketch something out the next time i go "home" but could i go to a tatoo place and have them sketch something out for me? Could anyone here sketch something for me if i PM the basic idea of what i want?

2. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

I may find inspiration from another art source, like books/stickers/t-shirts, etc.

I had an artist draw up my koi..I just spit my ideas out at him

I'm having a fellow OT'er draw me one up now

3. RedDawg

RedDawg Well-Known Member

what i want is something for my upper arm, maybe wrapping up my shoulder a little with a few different things incorporated into it that mean certain things to me. I wouldn't want to head to a local shop and have the artist spend time drawing up something for me to not like it, i don't want to waste someone's time like that.

4. CPTLA885

CPTLA885 Guest

It is interesting how this works. Call many places, talk to many artists. You need to sit down and tell the artist exactly what you want, and if you can come up with some rough sketches, that never hurts either.. If you feel comfortable with an artist, and he feels comfortable with the work.. you would be surprised how good/accurate the tattoo will come out.

I felt the same way with mine. I had a few sketches, but it turned out we strayed from those completely. I said hey, I like this style of tattooing, try and work something out. I went in the next day, exactly what I wanted.

:dunno:

Most artists ask for a deposit anyways. They don't mind drawing up a sketch, they know they are getting paid either way. And keep in mind the best artists are not in it for the money.