TAT Tat Question...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Malkav, Feb 12, 2005.

1. Malkav

Malkav New Member

I've been considering getting a tattoo for a long time, and the only thing stopping me is deciding what I would want to get. How did you pick your first?

2. something that you like. ie: cars, dragons, snakes, flowers,
    something with meaning. initials in kanji, arabiac/heabrew/chinese charecters

just dont get one to be cool, or dont get a fad tat.

3. GoodKnight

GoodKnight New Member

Jeez, if I see another dude with Kanji, barbed wire or tribal I'm going to puke.

4. Bella

Bella New Member

I decided on mine because I have family in indonesia and my grandmother is from china. So I got chinese letters on the back of my neck near my hariline. No one can see it but it's my own personal touch

5. xela

xela So say we all!

It's simple. You need to get something that has meaning for you.

6. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

In my oppinion the idea should come before the decision to get the tat. You will have a tattoo for the rest of your life, and if it has no meaning, you'll probably regret it by the time you're old and gray. If you can't think of something close to your heart that you want imprinted on your forever, you shouldn't be getting a tattoo.

I came up with the idea for a tat in high school that was very symbolic and meaningful to me, then sat on the idea for a few years until I decided that it was time to get it and was sure that i still wanted it.

7. TheNiz

TheNiz Guest

shite, I got a tribal band in highschool when i was 17.... cause i wanted to be cool... it has since been covered ... so do it for yourself on your own regard, every day you'll have to look at it.

8. Woosta

Woosta Guest

Look at TONS of magazines for ideas. be origional and bring in sketches, pictures of styles you like, have the artist draw up something custom for you working with your ideas. thats what i did.

9. Kalaman

Kalaman Guest

Mine was just a tribal armband, but I put a maple leaf into it for love of my country

10. brokenrobot

brokenrobot Guest

My first were stars on my back, one for each of my best friends who passed away.
    Along with some lyrics to a song that matched the meaning.