Task Manager Issues

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BaZ, May 6, 2005.

1. BaZ

BaZ 2004 ACC Champions

Ok, I have recently been going nuts with downloading movies and mp3s and all that to my laptop and its been taking a hit with spyware and such.

I have tried to clean up as much as I can with Ad-Aware, Spy-Bot, and Registry Repair Pro but I am still having some issues with the task manager.

What happens is this: whenever some program hangs, I (of course) do the ctrl-alt-del thing to bring up the task manager so I can kill the process. Well, the task manager will come up for a brief instant, then will close itself.

Does anybody know what could be causing this? Moreover, anybody know how to fix it?

2. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I had that same problem, but I just reformatted instead of trying to fix it. It was easier than figuring out what the fuck my mother put on this computer...

3. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

sounds like a virus / spyware. If your machine is that hosed, then just reformat.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Have you tried searching on Google or the Microsoft Knowledge Base?

5. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

I ran Norton and it came up clean, and so did spybot and Ad-Aware, so reformatting was a good thing to do. Three days later my dard drive failed.