target audience

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by antihero, May 21, 2007.

1. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

Girls in the vag... really, please put some thought into "target audience" when giving replies. For instance, if we are talking about how to talk to the hottest girl in the club, and you start a response with "I hate clubs and never go to them but if i did and you did that, i would totally hate it" that is really not helpful. This this is not saying that you can't have any useful input if something doesnt apply to you. We would love to hear what seems to work on your friend who you think is a total dumb clubslut. You can still add input, but please please please keep "target audience" in mind.

(this isnt really directed at anything in particular lately, just been meaning to post it and its a slow day at work)

2. Gregsaidthat

Gregsaidthat "Individuality is the new conformity"

:greddy: You failed!

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I see what you mean, because I of course first think of my reaction (since I have a vagina). But then I also think about how I'm unlike all the girls I know, so I try to imagine what they would do in said situation.

4. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

good to know 539 '06

5. Takitome

Takitome New Member

It's a natural response when someone starts something by implying, "All girls are dumbshits.. ect..".

I get what you're saying, but why don't we both keep target audience in mind.

6. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

Because the men are here to aid the other men to become better men and to become better with women. We are not here to make you feel good about yourself and lie so that your worldview is not threatened.

7. Chip Chipperson

This is total bullshit. You made this EXACT same assertion a few days ago (about yail) in another thread and I will quote for you my exact same response below.

And you women (as are, unfortunately, most of the men here, too) are absolutely UNWILLING to change your belief system. And that's fine, but there are some who are on the edge and are willing to try anything and they should not be fed bad advice.

It will challenge your worldview to accept that no, it's NOT all subjective. Your opinions on what you should or shouldn't like or tolerate is subjective. What causes attraction is not subjective. Your feeding that kind of bullshit onto ANYONE, men or women, but particularly the men, in this forum, is hurting them.

This is exactly the kind of crap that the OP in this thread is referring to. And exactly the thing that not just women, but all people have problems with. They have strong emotional beliefs and are unwilling to let logic and empirical evidence sway them. These are blindspots and everyone has them. And we should be trying to REMOVE them, not hold onto them.

Women like to have all kinds of emotional discussions and shit and that is cute, because fundamentally the only thing that matters for women to get attraction is to look good and don't have a terrible personality - so you guys don't need to have objective discussions about what causes attraction in men to figure it out. Tits, ass, makeup. You guys have it, no discussion needed.

But what causes attraction in women can be discussed, talked about, and changed within a man. And you and the other women need to stop feeding the men here bullshit, and accept that you are entitled to your OPINIONS about what is true and what isn't, but there exist also a set of FACTS that are independent of your opinions.

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  8. Takitome

Takitome New Member

It's that view that bothers me.

"Better" I'm not much keen on your definition of self improvement.

Don't expect me to be all cooperative when you treat women like they are of a lower social caste. You're basicly degrading women. I find that stuff offensive

9. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Why are so many of the guys here so self-righteous?

People here are either smart enough to filter, or they aren't, but what makes you special enough to filter for them?

10. Chip Chipperson

As humans we tend only to take in the information that does not greatly threaten our worldview.

That's why you see guys post any thread and even when the ENTIRE vag, men, women, and children tell him XYZ, he STILL won't believe it because he is emotionally attached to his worldview - a shattering of his worldview is a shattering of his entire self-conception.

Only at some later point in his life will he eventually realize it (if he's lucky!).

Alternately, if you are kind of an open slate and don't really have too much experience to go on, and are genuinely looking for advice, if you are consistently bombarded with bad information, no amount of "smartness" will necessarily exhume you.

There aren't too many of that last kind of person coming through the Vag, who haev an open slate and are TRULY willing to do what it takes to make changes, and you can never really tell who that guy is until after the fact , but one can always hope that they can make a difference in the world...

11. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

So your world view is so right that no other ones should be heard?

The popular opinion is not necessarily the right one, and attempting to silence disagreement is ridiculous.

12. Chip Chipperson

I'm not getting involved with you again, you had your fun in your alpha male thread, taking it completely off topic and away from the subject of alpha males.

13. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

All advice is fair game, quit trying to get people to stop giving it just because you don't like it.

14. lauren

lauren Active Member

ie, youre not hot and we wouldnt be hitting on you anyways. got it.

15. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

I completely agree with you. There are a lot of people that lump together people who are very different and it's not right when anyone does it.

16. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

it works exactly the same the other way. A lot of the prettier/more outgoing/whatever girls would say that flowers on a first date is trying too hard, but if the guy is going after a girl who hardly ever gets any attention from men then she may really respond well to someone going a little overboard.

17. Chip Chipperson

I'm kind of disheartened that that's all you took away from my post :dunno:

18. Takitome

Takitome New Member

It won't matter what people throw at you, your arrogance will deflect it away.

19. Chip Chipperson

:bowdown::bowdown:

20. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

...says the guy who seems to troll the Vag with every post he makes telling anyone that has some input that they obviously don't know what they are talking about and should therefore not give any input.

IMO I don't really have anything against what the girls in the Vag post most of the time. A) It backs up a lot of what the guys talk about (When talking about how women think/react/etc), B) At least we have some girls that know what they are talking about a lot of the time, C) If it wasn't for their presence the Vag would be one giant women hating circle jerk.

21. iwishyouwerebeer

:werd:

You don't see most of us commenting constantly in PUA threads because well, we are not guys trying to pick up chicks. However we are women and can serve information about many other things in other threads just as well as men.

Bold: Exactly. Shit has been getting a lot better as of late with the whole women bashing, but when I still see sexist remarks I just laugh. It only makes the guys sound pussy-hurt and bitter because they suck at life and can't get a girl. Get off the internet a little more boys :mamoru:

22. iwishyouwerebeer

:dunno: not like I care. Most of them don't care either. Yail and JKidd while arrogant are smart, because they don't let shit get to them either.

You can only read "girls are sluts/whores/bitches" so many times before you step back and realize it's just bitterness.

23. Chip Chipperson

:bigthumb:

I agree wiith this entirely. The woman-bashing based on insecurity and an inability to get girls, and a desire to place blame on the woman instead of yourself for not having the skills to pickup women, is ridiculous. It's a large part of my internal vs. external attribution thread.

And it's not just a general women-bashing, put particular girl-bashing; "well she didn't like me from the start... it's her fault" that's a problem as well. I just read a thread along those lines in the Asylum... no it's not HER fault, it's your fault for not being a man and flipping the right switches. It's a blindspot.

And blindspots are bad.

24. Boosh Dag

Boosh Dag Guest

As a pretty big lurker here I find myself pretty much just skimming around to yail, jkidd, and iwishyouwerebeer for actual good advice.

25. iwishyouwerebeer

See, that's what it's all about. That's why I stick around in here because whether or not people agree with me, fights start :mb: there are still some people who actually get the help and advice they needed. I always feel great when people PM me or IM me problems.