LGBT Tanning Question?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by DatacomGuy, Sep 13, 2004.

1. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

So I have a question in my continuing quest for a better tan. Since I'm Irish with fair skin, I don't tan well.

Are tans for someone like myself easier to obtain in a tanning salon if I continuously go every other day? Or will I just turn pink.. :hsugh:

2. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

number 1. Tanning in a salon is BAD for your (so is over exposer to outside sun)
    number 2. Just admitt you can't tan and live life overly white(i do it's worked for me thus far)
    number 3. if you want a tan try a mystic tan(it's a spray on tan that is supposed to work rather well on extremly white ppl..my sister did it and looked good) bad thing is you have to do it every week. but if you want to be tan and be tan the safe way then it's worth it.

But really i say all that to say..don't screw around with your skin(it's the largerest organ of your body...do oyu really wanna fuck it up)...exspecially since you say your fair skinned.. you are at a higher risk to get skin cancer...and i am one to say it's not fun. Plus if you are soo fair you need to be seeing a dermatalogist like once a year already.

But for real- that mystic tanning works...it's a bit pricey but it works.

If you would like to know more of my wondeful knowledge of skin cancer and tanning.....just hit me up. But please don't go to a tanning bed...they are BAD for you.

3. DatacomGuy

:wtc:

I'm familiar with Mystic.. but it is expensive.. like $20 per visit, and has to be done weekly.. :ugh: What happens when you just don't go? Does it simply fade? Or does it turn orangey and crapy?

4. BlondieAMC

BlondieAMC New Member

It just kinda fades away!!

But like i said if you want a tan do it the SAFE WAY!!

5. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

Even though I love the sun and tanning, it's not healthy. If you really want a tan that bad, and you're Irish and prone to burning, then paint it on. Stay away from tanning salons and minimize your exposure in the sun...especially down there in FL.

Then again, if you guys keep getting hurricanes like you are, you won't have to worry about getting any sun. :rofl: :kiss:

6. DatacomGuy

:rofl::rofl::werd:

7. Eugene Wildwood

Eugene Wildwood Foxbody for life!

Do outside work lol. Im a plumbers hand/cement pourer's hand/etc. and Im irish, Im getting a little darker lol.

8. DatacomGuy

I do a ton of outside work.. I just burn :(

9. DatacomGuy

Yeah.. Let me clarify. I do a bunch of work outside, and if I use the right screen, I don't burn, nor tan. If I use a weaker screen, I get a slight pink...

Pink < Golden anyday.. :hs:

10. DatacomGuy

= Mystic tan.

I'm probably going to give it a shot this weekend.

11. Notorious R.I.E.

Notorious R.I.E. Queen Bee

the only reason i won't tan outside is because of tan lines tan lines = ugly so i tan in a bed most summers, but i tan really well and and keep it easily... for you though being fair skinned mystic tan is probably your best bet. just like blondie she can't tan naturally no matter what.... :)

12. DatacomGuy

That's true.. :hs:

13. cargojock

cargojock New Member

Actually that's wrong. Being in the sun is what causes cancer. It's the absorbtion of UV rays that causes damaged to your DNA, which causes cancer. Your ethnic background determines your bodies ability to repair the DNA damage (hence fair skin -- lower capability to repair DNA -- more likely for cancer). Even in the middle of winter you're supposed to wear sunscreen -- your body still absorbs UV radiation when you are in the sun.

Check out the skincancer.org website. Interesting articles:
    Winter sunscreen:
    http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/year-round.php

Are Tanning parlors safer than the sun? (http://www.skincancer.org/faq/index.php#18)
    Exposure to the radiation of a tanning booth may be more risky than exposure to the sun.

14. DatacomGuy

Good links..

15. QUEEN BLUE

QUEEN BLUE Guest

For some ungodly reason (I'm Italian and Lebanese), I have the hardest time tanning outside, I only burn and then peel off. However I get super tan in the beds and can keep it for quite some time. Plus for me with a super busy life, it's nice just to get in there and relax. I'm going after work today :wiggle:

16. DatacomGuy

That's...odd.

I wonder if the same would happen for me. :x:

17. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

negative.

a tan is a protective measure by your body to damage that has already happened. people with fair skin do not have this protective measure, thereby increasing skin cancer risks.

ethnic background has nothing to do with dna repair.

its more like fair skin -- no melanin/skin pigment to protect skin cells -- increased exposure of said cells to UV radiation -- dna damage -- maybe cancer, depending.

18. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

Okay, I've ignored this thread long enough. Try Body Glow, by Nars. It's great, blending monoi de tahiti oil with chocolate. Looks great, smells great. Can get a lil costly...

If the price is too high, the much cheaper Sunfitness by Biotherm is also good, and only run you $20. If that is still too high, L`Oreal makes a $9 gelee, called Sublime Bronze that I referred to a friend in college, when I set him up to strip to pay for college. He luved it. And, it has vitamin E!

19. MissCupcake

MissCupcake Guest

I am Irish and have pale skin. In high school I worked at a tanning salon and I tanned. I never really got dark, I just turned a redish color. Dont do it!