TAT Tame piercing question... tips for belly piercing?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by turbo35, Feb 16, 2004.

1. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

Girlfriend's gonna get her bellybutton done this week. I've heard warm water and sea salt in a cup, upside down on the belly for about 1/2 hr a day promotes quick healing... any other tips?

2. Sparky511

Sparky511 Leben ist gut.

Well, I dunno if this is a quick healing tip, but tell her probley not to wear to many pants that ride along where her belly is, (low ones or loose ones) So it does not snag it and irritate it. And DON'T touch it.

3. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

best thing, DO NOT TOUCH POKE OR MOVE IT. leave it alone

4. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

Until it was completely healed, I did the salt water thing once a day... I also washed it with plain anti-bacterial soap twice a day (during which time I did move it back and forth to get any puss out)... I also dabbed bacitracine on it when it was bothering me... And I never once had an infection... She just needs to make sure to get it donesomewhere reputable and not slack off on cleaning it, cause almost everyone I know ignored on of those rules, and everyone who did ended up with infections...

5. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

make sure she gets it done with a needle, not a gun. That's the first step to getting a clean piercing. The sea salt soaks are great, i only soak my piercings for 10 minutes, and my cleaning sheets only say a minumum of 3 minutes, 30 minutes might be over doing it, but it can't hurt. And like sparky said, make sure she wears pants that sit lower than her belly button, and shirts that are not too tight on her belly button. navel piercings can take up the 6 months to heal, and can migrate VERY easily so be carefil with it and take care of it.

6. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

This is where I'm taking her...

http://www.sdreader.com/php/bestshow.php3?year=2003&id=478

Supposed to be the best place around, no sense taking chances. They use one-use needles every time, etc etc.

What do you mean by migrate? Like move over, and heal in a crooked position, or something? Sorry, bit new to this stuff, no piercings myself, and she only has her ears done...

7. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

migrate is when the piercing moves from its original pierced position.

8. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

more info can be found here http://risks.bmezine.com/?Navel_Piercing

9. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Migratoin means, not only move around, but your body an reject the peircing and push the metal out. Leaving an ugly trail of scar tissue.

I don't mean to scare you into not doing it, but all means, get pierced and tattoo. Body mods are great, I just don't want you to feel dumb fo not knowing a few months down the road if something does happen.

10. Bharnz

Bharnz New Member

This is from My shops after care instructions
    DO NOT PLAY WITH YOUR PIERCING.
    DO NOT USE ALCOHOL.
    DO NOT USE HYDROGEN PEROXIDE.
    DO NOT USE NEOSPORIN, BACITRACIN,
    DO NOT USE ANY HEALING OINTMENTS.
    DO NOT USE Vaseline, or petroleum jelly
    We recommend Dr. Piercing After Care Swabs.
    Dr. Piercing After Care Swabs, Speeds up the healing process, and reduce the risk of infection. DO NOT over use these or any after care product. 3 - 4 cleanings per day is sufficient.
    Most problems are a result of "OVER-CARE"
    If you have any concerns or questions do not hesitate to call or stop in.
    The healing time for a Navel Piercing is 3 months - 1 year. and will appear to be red and sore, with drainage or discharge. Avoid ruff play, and never touch your piercing unless your hands are clean.
    1. If your ring feels stuck NEVER force it free, use Dr. Piercing swabs, to gently clean and loosen ring.
    2. Avoid hot tubs, or public pools during the healing process if you must swim cover it with a waterproof bandage.
    3. Keep tanning lotions away from piercing.
    4. Avoid tight fitting clothing.
    5. During the healing process Reduce the intake of alcohol, drugs, caffeine, and aspirin.
    Once again feel free to call if you have any questions.
    www.TATTUZ.com

11. rrewq

rrewq New Member

Your GF should also consider getting a barbell instead of a ring because its easier for the ring to get caught on things and it can cause pain if it flips around when she's sleeping etc...

12. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

The way I hear it, that's completely off mark; rings naturally heal in the belly button ten times better than barbells.

13. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Rings are generally the first thing you want to put in it. And cureved barbells are a great idea over time, after the initial healing process. Talk to your piercer though, they'll give you the best advice.

Rings are easier to clean though, from my person experience, because you can rotate them and get all the gunk off them.

14. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

I just got mine done not too long ago (maybe a little over a month), and the lady that did it told me to use dial soap and if it got infected to use some neosporin. I was supposed to wash it like 2-3 times a day. Well I learned rather quickly that that did absolutely nothing for it other than make it hurt all the time. So (obviously against other advice from you guys) I used some peroxide and that helped sooooo much. The other advice I've read so far says don't move it. But if I just leave it alone, when I sit down or move a certain way, it pulls really bad like I'm ripping off a scab, so I dunno. I usually put neosporin on it when I get outta the shower in the morning that really helps it throughout the day. She also told me to make sure that it would move easily... I dunno. I think Williston ND is just a bad place to get a piercing. So far I've gone against all the advice on here but it's healing rather well now, but the problem is is that it it seems like the ring is pushed off to one side. What should I do about that? Any help on that one would be great. Oh and please refrain from telling me I'm a bad person for doing stuff I'm not supposed to with it. :big grin:

15. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

not true. most shops in europe and now alot of them in the US and Canada are starting to pierce with mainly barbells because it is quite easier to heal, there is alot less chance of it getting caught/snagged on things such as clothes, sheets or towels. Barbells are also known to heal straighter than rings because rings are prone to laying off to the left or right which causes migration

there is no need to actually rotate your jewelry in a fresh/new piercing, by doing this you stand the chance of re-opening the wound and being prone to irritation or infection. all that needs to be done is soaking the piercing(preferably with a warm sea salt solution) then gently wiping off the discharge with a soft q-tip. after soaking the discharge should slide right off, if it doesnt, soak longer and repeat.
    [​IMG]