Talking to someone older than you

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by ww_Crimson, May 22, 2008.

1. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Brief background: I'm 20, girl is 26.. When I was 18 and she was 24 we made out at her New Years Eve Party.. communication between us since has been very limited, but consistent.. We exchange a few text messages maybe once a month and see each other like once every several months (She lived like 80 miles away).

Recently she's moved back into town and she made a little bit of effort to express some interest in me.. wanted to be her 'gym buddy', etc.. I kind of blew it off because I was working things with another girl but those ties have sorta simmered down. Tonight her sister came into my work and we were talking about Indiana Jones and then just completely randomly she started asking me about her sister.. If I had talked to her, if I had hung out with her, etc. etc. She already knew the answers to all the questions because the two are living together for the time being (locally).. Basically it felt like she playing 20 questions with me about asking her sister out.. I like the girl quite a bit but I've always felt a bit awkward communicating with her because she's older than me. We get along fine but I feel intimidated by her age and not sure how to pursue things. She acts a bit young for her age (not immature, but youthful). I can't really go out to drink with her because of my age and I don't have my own house so I feel kind of strange trying to ask her out.. I guess what I'm really asking here is does the vag think a girl of her age would be turned off by the typical 18-20 year old dating scene? I guess she wouldn't express interest if she wasn't interested but I can't see things panning out here. When we made out 2 years ago I ended up sharing a bed with her but she slept on her side facing away from me and had her dog inbetween us.. It was like she changed her mind after the kiss.

/me-always-rambling

2. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

If she has been keeping touch and expressing an interst in you then give it a shot. Don't push for anyhting and see where it goes. I am sure she is well aware of the age difference and knows you can't go out, but think she can take you out on your 21.

I say go for it, no expectations. Just don't try to compensate for your age. She has known you for long enough to know who you are. Good luck. :) and keep us posted!

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Well the question is definitely not "is she turned on by me even though I'm much younger than her?" because it obvious that the age doesn't bother her enough. If it did she would never speak with you in the first place.

To be completely honest, I think your age difference is not big, at least it doesn't seem significant now...but I have a feeling it definitely will (if you try to have a real relationship) just because of where you both are in your life.

The initial having a crush on someone and wanting to hang out with them is always fun. But you are under 21 and you live at home. Even at 23 I wouldn't put up with that. There's nothing wrong with you, just saying that most likely if she's set in her much more adult lifestyle she won't want to regress in her youth that much.

However, that is not saying you shouldn't approach this. Really you have nothing to lose. I just would say not to get too excited over this like it is a real relationship. Get in touch with her and go out on a date. You will see first hand how you two work out and if the age difference is obvious and awkward for you then you can move on! See what she is looking for, maybe she just wants sex in which case you've got yourself a hot, older FWB :bigthumb:

Sorry, about you and the last girl getting cold BTW.

4. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

she didnt seem bothered about the age thing before so i dont know why it would bother her now.

though beer has a point that you two are probably in 2 different life stages and it might not mesh well together, but it never hurts to try.

5. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

In your 20's, six years isn't much really.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I usually would agree. My bf I think dated a girl 5 years older than him but he was at least 21.

Our TS is 20, in school, works at a movie theater, can't go out to bars to drink yet, and lives at home. She's probably been out of school, has a full-time job and has lived on her own for many years. It might not be a difference at all but sometimes the age can make a huge difference just because of where they are in their lives. Say he was 23 and she was 29 it might not be so great.

7. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

I thought about the situation a little more and really we're not that far apart as far as where we stand life, except for the fact I live at home and can't legally drink.. I make as much if not more money than she does and I have pretty much total freedom / control of my life. The reason I live at home is to take care of my elderly grandmother.. It's not because my job isn't sufficient enough or anything.

Anyways.. gonna make some effort to contact her over the next few days. If we end up going out somewhere I'll post an update.

8. aim2kill

aim2kill New Member

sweet, keep us posted...

9. jonno

jonno New Member

interesting thread... i'm going on a date with a girl that's 24 on sunday night and i'm 21. i'd be lying if i said i wasnt a bit intimidated/nervous.

10. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

Well since it was bumped I might as well post a small update..

She came in to my work tonight to watch a movie with her sister and made it pretty clear she wanted me to spend some time with her next week. I think we're going to go to the gym on Tuesday which is kind of a strange place to hang out with someone but we'll see how it goes.

Her sister spent a lot of the evening texting me telling me that the girl thinks we connect really well and at the least wants to try spending some time with me to see how things go.

As mature as I consider myself to be and as well as I'm doing for 20 years old I still feel insufficient around her since I've never lived on my own. I don't think it bothers her much at all but I'm having a really hard time getting over it myself. I feel like I'm friend zoned even though I'm not.