talking on the phone

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Bam Bam, Mar 6, 2005.

1. Bam Bam

Bam Bam Guest

alright, im a guy

i hate this shit

i think this is how my first relationship got fucked up.

she always wanted to talk. we would waste like an hour on the phone every night.

how long do you usually stay on the phone with your s/o?

2. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Depends.. Anywhere from 20 min to 3 hours.

3. shorty420

shorty420 Guest

Same here, if I have stuff to do I won't spend more than 20 minutes talking to my girl, but if I have free time I love to talk to her for hours on end. I try to call her everyday and if i haven't called her by the evening she is usually calling me. To some guys it probably seems annoying but I wish I could spend every minute of every day with my girl.

4. Fearan

Fearan Guest

:werd:

5. Gonrad

Gonrad OT Supporter

I used to talk EVERYDAY with the g/f. This usually led to lots of dead silence or stuff like "So what else?".. Then again, this was because I only saw her once a week.

I think it's good to give a break between days of not talking just so you have something to talk about the next time you call.

Tell her next time instead of talking on the phone, come out for a coffe or someshit.

6. ACA

ACA Sometimes I feel lonely at night OT Supporter

My thoughts exactly.

In answer to your question: Usually at least a couple hours every other day.

7. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

considering we're both busy work/school maybe 20mins through out the entire day , sometimes less; then again she lives 10min walk away from me so.

8. weakone

weakone New Member

My boyfriend and I barely ever talk on the phone. In the beginning of the relationship he would call me almost every night and we'd spend hours on the phone. Now, though, we barely talk on the phone. And if we do, it's like a five-ten minute conversation. :dunno:

9. I hate talking on the phone...much rather just get together with the person.

10. Reign

Reign Banned

Not my signifigant other, but yeah. Anywhere from like 20 minutes to 3 hours.

I too would rather get together in person.

11. Original

Original OT Supporter

:werd:

I never used to like talking on the phone.. but i'd rather hear her voice then be watching tv :hs:

12. DonTalarico

DonTalarico New Member

Talk on MSN or AIM...works well I think...

13. _600RR

_600RR New Member

:werd: me too. I don't know why but i hate talking on the phone

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah things seem to get quite over the phone compared to in person.

15. Muricane

Muricane Active Member

30 min 2-3 times per week.

16. I've had a couple girlfriends that wanted to call every day and talk for hours, I don't know if it's horrible of me or what, but sometimes I've got better things to do than talk on the phone about nothing all night. I really hate the silence on a phone too, much rather be out with the person.

17. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i hate talking on the phone. unfortunately the girls i've been with take it the wrong way and think i'm not interested in them anymore. i really prefer talking in person. those "silent moments" are very awkward as well when you're over the phone.

18. shady5

shady5 Guest

Sounds like some of you need to work on shooting the breeze. It is really not difficult to hold a conversation for an hour or 3. That being said, I did find it extremely annoying when my last gf would call ME, and I have to carry the entire conversation. Then I would just say I got to go.

whoever said rather be talking then just bummin around watching tv :bigthumb:

19. Takumi

Takumi New Member

Me and the gf hardly ever talk on the phone, just short 5 minute conversations once in a while. We both dislike talking on the phone, and would rather just talk in person. But then again, we spend almost every spare minute together, when not working or going to school, so there is no need to spend so much time on the phone.

My previous ex would always want to talk on the phone though, even if we just spent the whole day together, she would still want to spend another hour on the phone just for the sake of talking on the phone. That shit got annoying...

20. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Ill talk for as long as she wants, but she usually looses my focus after about 5 minutes. They only time we are on the phone is if she is just leaving me, or on the way to see me...other than that we are pretty much together anyways.

I dont see why she calls when she is going to be at my place in 5 minutes. It seems like its just more fun for her to call and use my cell minutes than to wait the 5 additional minutes.

Phone=the devil....but if I have to use it, im happy when its her voice on the other end

21. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

3-4 hours a night. looking back it was quite dumb since phone calls back then cost a lot. and being on the phone that long only gave us the impression of being closer when in reality it just got us closer to eventual boredom

22. Ghostaz0r

Ghostaz0r With my ego, I can stand there in a Speedo, and be

Sounds like you're bored with her

My girl and i talk at least 1:30 a night, most nights around 3:00.

Her phone broke when she went to California this week...it fucking sucks because i get to talk to her for 3 minutes MAX a day :(

She comes home tonight though, probably up for another 3 hour convo at least :big grin:

We also typically send...140 text messages each a day? LOL we're insane.

23. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

I talk to my so about an hour a night when he calls. We dont get to see each other so phone and AIM is the only way we talk to each other for months at a time.

24. BlMMERGUY

BlMMERGUY New Member

wow, i had this long distance relationship when i first moved to seattle. i talked on the phone prob 45 minutes-3 hours EVERY DAMN NIGHT for about a year strait. i flew down to see her about 6 times that year she came up a few times but we were in no physical contact otherwise. dont remember what we used to talk about, but i remember talking for hours nonstop. every good relationship ive had and seen, talk on the phone at least once sometimes 5 times a day

25. naughtie

naughtie New Member

Luckily, me and the SO both hate talking on the phone for more than 1 minute at a time.