Talkin on IM or Txting

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by nygiantplaya, Jun 21, 2007.

1. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

ok well i feel this this is gonna bite me in the ass if i do it alot. if im on the phone with a girl i dont let it last past like 5 mins and i get off.. but like txting and AIM,when im not at work, i seem to have a convo for a lot longer and its prolly a bad idea. usually ill have a short convo but get off saying i gotta do somthing, but when im at work i got absolutely nothing to do and i either get txted or imed and ill talk for hours on end!

almost everyday this 1 girl ims me and will talk for a while cause i got nothig better to do at work. she knows im at work and i dont do shit on my job, but is this probly a bad thing if im talking to her too much at work. if so what should i do/say?

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

IM and txt is to be avoided imo

3. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

im totally with you i dont really have a problem ending a conversation if im not at work, only problem is when im at work.. i could not go on aim.. but then i would be bored as fuck cause i wouldnt be able to talk to any1... gotta figure out somthing.. mabye ill just keep a away up or somthing

4. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

btw yail i <3 you.. you should write a book on what uk

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

if you're bored at work, ask for more stuff to do, or look for another job.

In some ways, I am very lucky with my job...I don't have a computer/access to the Internet while at work.

Seriously, take AIM and the other messengers off your computer at work, and next time you get bored, FIND SOMETHING WORK RELATED TO DO! You're not getting paid to chat with people.

6. NCS

NCS Active Member

i avoided IM and texting as a rule, but texting has become so mainstream that you have to know how to do it right

7. I text guys only and barely talk to anyone I know in person on IM, so I'm good.

8. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

AIM game SUCKS, it SUCKS. DO NOT USE IT. IT IS USELESS. Not only hard to use, but there is no purpose for it, at all

Text is useful sometimes for one to two line banter to keep you fresh in their mind

9. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I like txting. Phone calls are better but txting has its advantages because it is impersonal. You can txt a chick who is with her bf or her friends and she can reply to you without anyone knowing. It's not like she has to go into the other room to talk on the phone.

10. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

i'm saying stay away from it all together

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

chatting is very unlikely to raise her interest level, but it can certainly lower it

what exactly does chatting aacompish for you?

this includes chatting on the phone btw

12. modspace

modspace New Member

just tell the girl your boss no longer allows you to use your cell phone while on the clock.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Relationships that are 50% communicated over IM's texts are usually really bad relationships. It's common for younger couples to do this I've realized just because of how they've grown up with the technology. Sure it's easy, but after time it just proves that neither of you can really share how you feel whn you are next to one another, or even talking over the phone.

14. lauren

lauren Active Member

i IM all the time, only text once a day or so. my relationship is rather healthy. :dunno:

15. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I mean the occasional txt here and there. Not like txt convos.

But I have had experience where txting can be used to set things up.

You: "hey, I'm doing x at y time. you should come."
    Chick "ok sounds good."

A phone call would've been awkward but a txt made it impersonal and convenient.

I've also seen txt messages make relationships get annoying, so I guess it depends on how you wield it.

I was just listening to a Mystery Method CD about txt and phone game yesterday so it's funny that this thread popped up today.

IBsomeonesaysfalconerstoplisteningtoPUAshitandgogetoutthere

16. Jinx

Jinx Active Member

i'm currently (kind of) involved in a long distance relationship, so it's kind of assumed that we're going to communicate with IMs and texts. :dunno: i actually just got done texting him a picture while he's at work.

17. nygiantplaya

nygiantplaya I

yea the txting can be very usefull in the begining of a relationship more than phone call, but your right i should stop the iming totally and basically if she does txt me i wont respond until im out of work and im not busy.

18. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

the MM interview series is sicknasty tight.

But falconer, stop listening to pua shit and go get out there

19. crazy15

crazy15 New Member

meh, its not the worst thing in the world. ive talked to girls on AIM alot and still hooked up with them. It's what you talk about. just dont get friendzoned.

20. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

:rofl: Aw dude I was out last Fri, Sat, and Sun.

21. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Textin' is fuckin stupid. I watch my friends have an hour-long text convo with someone when they could have just called them and had it over with in 2 minutes, what the fuck is the point? I don't get it, and it just reeks of stupidity when I see people sitting there having some long convo by 'textin.'

It's especially stupid to see people drive and text. Anyone seen that? Think about how fucking stupid that is, bad enough driving and talking on a cell phone but you're now taking your eyes off the road completely for long periods of time to HIT NUMBERS INTO A FUCKING PHONE.

Either call the person or don't talk, what is the point of punching shit in with your thumbs? It's like the Boondocks said, nothing typed by someones thumbs ever meant anything.

I heard someone say this the other day- "I wish there was voice interface text messaging." I'll let that sink in.

It angers me to think about lol.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

is this with the 16 year old girl?

23. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Once in awhile is one thing, but I see textin as the main form of communication in some peoples relationships, and it's beyond fucking stupid.

24. Neo22

Neo22 OT Supporter

thats great but instead of sitting on the phone having a convo while your trying to get work done a text is a billion times more convenient. I would much rather text and keep doing what I'm doing then stop and make a phone call. Txt message with me takes less than 10 seconds for a 160 character message.

25. julia!

julia! New Member

if you like having something to do at work than dedicate the convo to someone who less likely to go anywhere anyways. i agree texting all day can make things get bland if you have an interest in the girl. but when i'm at work I get bored too and like to just randomly talk.