GUN Talked to a LEO last night

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Mar 27, 2007.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Came through the drive-thru. Ive talked to him a few times before. Hes really into AR's.
    Said something that unnerved me a bit. He told me to start stock piling mags and buying rifles. I asked him if he was almost sure the ban was coming, and he said hed bet his life on it.

I thought we stood a chance against it :(
    I hope to god hes wrong

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Your in a similar boat as me statewise, NY the majority of the area of the state would be progun, but that small part that isn't holds most of the population and votes and fucks everyone else over.

3. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I wish there was something we could do to limit their rein over us, like secede from the state and form our own

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I wouldn't put money either way right now personally.

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

It's a bit too early to really say IMO, especially with the recent legal wins the gun community has had. Combine those wins with what seems to be a more CCW friendly trend around the nation and it looks like our society is moving into a more gun friendly position. However if the ban does happen I would definitely bet on CA being a big contributor to it, sometimes I hate this fucking state.

6. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Oh I guess I should be specific, I assumed he was talking about the proposed Illinois state assault weapons bans. The federal one doesn't have a chance in hell. The one we're facing in this state though is on far better footing and isn't really going to be impacted by the things you mentioned.

Speaking of, Illinois guys, how would you like something new to get upset about? Currently we have an AWB in the house, in the senate, a gun a month bill in the house, a .50 ban in the house, and a ban on private party sales without an FFL in the house. Senator Kimberly A. Lightford (Office Phone: 708-343-7444 Fax: 708-343-7400 [email protected] ) has filled in a shell bill that wants serialized ammunition too http://ilga.gov/legislation/fulltex...Id=SB&LegID=27226&DocNum=1095&GAID=9&Session= We're being attacked hard in Illinois this year, be sure to write your state reps asking them to oppose all these bills, or thanking them for their opposition of them. Also feel free to send a polite email to Senator Lightford telling her how this idea has been done and failed many time over and that illinois can't take more financial burden.

7. mooredodge

mooredodge 3,2,1 I'm the bomb...and I'm ready to go off in yo

You IL guys need to move across the river. :o

8. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

sure he can, you guys are trapped in a fucking shithole of a state that likes to take your rights away. i think if some of those laws are passed someone needs to sue. there should be no problem having them declared unconstitutional, if you can get a judge that isnt a left wing faggot

9. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Last thing I'd do is trust a cop on what he knows about firearms laws and possible upcoming regulations past his city level. And even then it's iffy