GUN talked to a girl tonight about concealed carry

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by YesterdaysGone, Jul 5, 2006.

1. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

so a girl that i met last night and i hung out for fourth of july, and one thing led to another :naughty: and she asked me in when i dropped her off. we got to her bed, and i took off my gun, cleared it, and set the gun and the magazine down on her desk. she looked at me like :eek4: :eek4: --> :ugh: and asked "what the fuck, why do you have a fucking gun?" i said "for protection" shrugged, and left it at that. after a couple of hours, we started watching tv, and she started asking me all sorts of questions about why i carry, what is the point, do i plan on killing anyone, etc. i explained it to her and helped her to understand, and am pretty sure i turned her view around about guns... i asked her if she assumed that only criminals and police carried weapons, and she said "i guess i figured that"... i invited her to go to the range afterwards, and she said she thought that would be fun. so all around, a good conversation, and a good chance to educate someone about concealed carry.

thought i would share... anyone else go through this with new girls? how do you handle it?

2. Want2race

Want2race Fearless

All i am going to say is If its an automatic, make sure as shit that her hand isnt going to get nailed by the slide when she shoots.. nothing makes a women more anti gun than a chipped nail!

and no.. I put my gun in my shoe and dont say a word about it. She doesnt need to know, I dont want her playing with it when I fall asleep

3. YesterdaysGone

ya, i tried to make it nonchalant, but i carry chambered, cocked, safety off - i don't like to have it loaded when it isn't on my person... (unless it is in the safe, or under the pillow) unfortunately, hollywood has made racking the slide a very evil sound, so im sure thats what caught her attention. maybe next time i will just put the safety on.

4. Sarge21

Sarge21 Frau am Steuer Ungeheuer!

sorry man, but carrying cocked-safety off is too ballsy for me. :eek3:

but the more important issue here is, after she mildly flipped out, did you still seal the deal?

5. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

i'll be first

Pics...?

6. s0ber

s0ber New Member

Knew it was too good to be true for a thread about a girl to last this long without pics. :hsd:

7. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

did you at least get to hit it?

8. Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro OT Supporter

nah when girls see my gun im usually forcing them into bed :mamoru:

9. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I got drunk on the 3rd, and had forgotten I left my AR and shotgun on my bed...this chick came over and things were looking good, she said she wanted to "go to sleep" and I told her to go in there and I would be there in a second.

she came out shreiking and wailing like she'd seen a ghost, and yelled "what the fuck are those two rifles doing on your bed?"

lol....my drunken response was "shut the fuck up, woman"

I didn't get any after that :wtc:

10. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

You unloaded the gun :hsugh:

11. no7fish

no7fish New Member

yeah, I am of the opinion that no one needs to know when you are carrying. I agree it's not cool to leav ea loaded gun around but I usually put it in my shoe or something when I'm away from home. Unless there are kids in thehouse or something(staying at a friend's house, kids running around before I'm awake) in which case I will def unload it, but quietly and in the bathroom or something. It is possible to sllide the slide without racking it.... Although on the Kel-Tec it doesn't always want to release the round uinless you fling it out.

Even at my house I keep the one by the bed hidden between the bed and wall unless I know the girl is cool with it... at least until afterward. lol

BTW- score for educating someone in a positive manner!!! I am all about inviting people to the range, that's how we will win people, not by arguing or threatening, but by educating!

winning over the anti-gen'rs FTMFW! (by whatever means necessary....lol)

12. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Personally, I wouldn't have unloaded it, but I'll never have that issue, so I dunno.

Very cool that it turned into a good experience (hopefully on many levels :naughty:). Just watch her thumbs and have a loader handy and it should be a good experience for her.

13. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

A couple of hours before watching tv, eh? :naughty:

14. Accord

Accord New Member

yeah yeah yeah, so anyways... more details on what happened during those "couple of hours" :naughty:

15. i had the same experience... bout to do the deed with a girl, so I stuck my gun in the drawer, with the holster, and the dumb bitch opens the drawer and says "what the fuck"

im like "dont touch my gun woman :mad: "

16. Accord

Accord New Member

so that's what the kids are calling it these days :bigthumb:

17. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

You guys let women dictate how you handle firearms? That's pretty fucked up. Find a woman that likes firearms, so that you don't have to act differently around her. That goes for friends, too. If you let other people dictate what you do with your firearms, you are weak.

Cocked and not locked is pretty retarded. Almost as retarded as unloading the damned thing when you take it off. It's this simple:

You have the holster on a belt on your pants. You take your pants off. The holster goes with the pants, and it's a non-issue. If you don't make a big deal out of taking your blaster off, and fucking unloading it, disassembling it, cleaning it, or whatever the fuck other useless steps you throw in there while you're delaying sexual intercourse, then it won't BE a big deal.

18. IDMO

IDMO OT Supporter

This thread is funny :mamoru:

Though I never thought about that aspect of a CCW :o

19. no7fish

no7fish New Member

well you have to allow other people to dictate your use of firearms at some point. I mean that is really the reason most of us carry them around anyway! But really, if you limit your friends to people that like guns then you end up with a small circle of friends. And if you limit your.... partners... then you won't get action nearly as much. Not because they're not out there, but I just don't see "wanna check out my gun" as a good pickup line. Also, if we only hang around "friendlies" then we won't get the opportunity to educat others and broaden the enthusiast population.

Gives new meaning to "take one for the team!" lol
    Go on, do your part, get laid for gun rights! But be sure to take her shooting afterwards! hahaha

Speaking of, I have pulled out the bedside guns (there happened to be 2, one always there and the other just came in from the car with me) to show a girl post-action one night. It was an interesting convo, we ended up scheduling a shooting outing as well.

20. YesterdaysGone

ya, i got to hit it.... i didn't get pics.

21. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

I wish women were more educated about firearms. They think that handguns or rifles always have a high risk of going off on accident. Sure I know that firearms are dangerous, but they have the overall concept that guns are dangerous, that just being around one puts them in mortal danger. They must have just been told by their parents that guns are bad all together or something without any further explaining. Well, thats how alot of girls I know think anyways.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  22. YesterdaysGone

well usually the only people that see the gun, are perfectly comfortable with me pulling it out in front of them, clearing it, etc. when i show it to someone, i clear it first, when i expect that someone may touch it, i clear it first, basically when it is not attached in some way to me, unless i am asleep, it is cleared. just a little sense of security i give myself. that if someone were to do something stupid, first they would have to load and chamber it. but i will try the pants thing in this situation, see how it works.

23. Accord

Accord New Member

:eek3:

24. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

My concealed weapons stay concealed until we've had the talk and I know where they stand.

I don't introduce new acquaintances to the fact that I carry by detail stripping the gun in their front hall.

25. Accord

Accord New Member

:rofl: