TAT Talk me into it...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by swaterinater, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swaterinater

swaterinater Guest

Ive wanted my tongue done for ages now, and my sister and her pro-piercing friend are down for xmas... and they want me to get it pierced TOMORROW. I love the look and everything, but I'm a huge wimp.

So tell me the good, the bad and the ugly aboot it. Either calm my fears, or talk me out of it. I dont care, i just want some info.

:eek3d:

2. Nickos

Nickos Active Member

its really simle, it dosent hurt very bad, the swelling sucks and the next morning you are gonnaknow that, all in all, a pretty easy piercing to get and take care of..go for it and tell us all how it was :bigthumb:

3. J300ZTT-ATL

J300ZTT-ATL New Member

I say go for it. I'm getting mine done for New Year's :)
    My cousin had his done, I watched, didn't seem like there was a lot of pain as long as you breath.

4. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

it was the least painful of all my piercings ;)

5. Camf

Camf Heroes are overrated.

The swelling and discomfort is the worst part. The pain from the piercing was almost non-existant for me. Give it a shot! If you don't like it, you can take it out. You don't have much to lose.

6. i wanna get mine done tooooooooooooooooooo

7. Mike Panic

Mike Panic New Member

make a lot of jello the night before you get pierced... and stock up on apple sauce and pudding :)

get used to figuring out how to eat pasta again and chew gum

8. atomic

atomic New Member

the girl that got her tounge done cried out "thats the worst pain i have ever had".....
    just before i went in to get my lip done...

so yeah.. i does hurt some people

9. S.N.A.F.U.

S.N.A.F.U. Guest

three times for me...

'does it hurt?' is never a good question to ask.
    every one is different. what hurts one may damn near kill another.

10. DejaVooDoo

DejaVooDoo *Jojo*

It didn't hurt me at all...as some have said before, it's the least painful of all my piercings...my tongue didn't swell at all...I have had mine pierced 3 times, and stretched 4 times. I say go for it!

11. dmora

dmora Guest

doesnt hurt.

more importantly, you shouldnt need to be coerced into something you dont want to. If you are uncomfortable in doing something, then you arent ready for it. Fortunately the tongue heals literally IMMEDEATLY, so if you change your mind, its not a problem to go back after its done.

12. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

The tongue is a very easy peircing, and easy to take care of afterwards. It does heal fairly quickly, which can add to the ease. As for pain, it's different to everyone, litterally. I will say that 8-9/10 people will say it was next to painless, including myself, but never go by that as your body is different from everyone else's... :)

Daniel,
    I am pretty sure this isn't a case of this person not being ready, but more nervous. I wanted to get my P/A for a while before I went through with it, and I didn't wait because I wasn't ready, but more because I wasn't completely informed. I asked everyone who had one to tell me all about it so I could get lots of opinions and experiences to think about, which ultimatly helped me decide to do it (and I'm glad I did). I think this is the same situations, and this person just wants more info... ;)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  13. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

Dmora has probably the best point in this post. No one should talk you into a body mod, it's your body, do what you want.

As far as info on a tongue piercing, it's the easiest to take, and a great beginner piercing, if you want to get into the lifestyle, or just want something new. It's very quick, the pain is not very noticeable, the next day you tongue will swell a bit, and might be sore, and you may hvae trouble talking for a bit, aside from that, for a day or so, it's nothing. The great thing about a tongue piercing is that the hole never fully heals. Your tongue is a living muscle, where as most other piercing go through epidermal layers, which cause the wholes to form and stay open, your tongue does not have this layer of dead skin, so the whole never fully heals. The way I'm saying this may be a little confusing, and maybe Nickos can help clear it up, but basically, if 2 months down the road you want to take it out, your tongue will heal like the hole was never there, also, if 5 years down the road you want to take it out, your tongue will heal like the piercing was never there (it'll take a little more time, but it's a piercing that can go away). So there's no permanent commitment needed for a tongue piercing. I hope this helps you decide for yourself.

14. CrudeGT

CrudeGT New Member

I should clarify what i mean by 'heal', HPS and Dmora are right, scar tissue will form, and the swelling will go down very quickly, but there is nothing permanent about a tongue piercing, that's what I was getting at. I'm just bad at explaining it.

15. russd10089

russd10089 New Member

It wasn't really painful for me, the piercing didn't hurt at all, shoving the barbell through stung a little. The next day, talking was tough, and my tongue was sore, but only hurt if i hit it against my teeth. The part that hurt the worst was the bottom ball resting against my "web". It stayed sore for months. But nothing that bad, only hurt to stretch my tongue out. Now, (9 months later) There is no pain or soreness whatsoever.

Even if tongue piercing were permanent, the hole wouldn't be noticable. When i take mine out, you can barely see the hole, mostly you can see where the top ball indents my tongue. The entire time, from when i got it pierced, to now, i have never regretted it.

16. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

It wasn't painful at all. The swelling does get intense for about a week or so. I took mine out around the time this thread was made. :rofl:

17. NetLogic

NetLogic New Member

12-31-2003, 04:28 PM :mamoru:

18. THoC

THoC New Member

got mine done years ago and have since taken it out.

i got annoyed w. it and i think its a trashy look. just my opinion of course, you do what you want.

as far as pain? the piercing itself hurts very little. the next few days are uncomfortable and annoying.

not sure if it was just me but it would also randomly get irritated even years after i got it.

19. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

wtf bump???

20. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

wow 5 years late here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.