GUN Taking the NRA Pistol Instructor class today...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by thedude11, Jul 13, 2008.

1. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D060; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

...and it is dragging on waayy too long. :ugh:

The content is all basic info as expected but we spend far too much time on everything. We're required to give group demonstrations which end up taking 20 minutes to explain the components of a cartridge or other very simple basic things... it gets worse when you get the know-it-alls who want to "show-off" and talk about specific details of everything. Arg.

I just wish the class wasn't in a concrete/steel fortress so I could get a signal and surf the net during longass presentations. :rofl:

The syllabus calls for 6.5 hours of class/range but we're scheduled to complete in 11 hours... oh and he's giving us a 1.25 hour lunch break. :ugh2:

Sorry for the long post... wanted to vent. :rofl:

2. Hooligan

Hooligan New Member

Yeah mine took forever, too. I was like :ugh:

3. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Wow... glad to be out of there finally.

Test took me all of 10 minutes... I sat around for around 30 minutes waiting for Bubba and Leroy to determine whether or not "trigger control and sight alignment are the most important aspects of firing a gun".

I fired 10 shots in the course. Loaded one round and shot it five times, and then loaded 5 rounds and fired those off. That was it.