Taking the Experienced Rider's Course to get my endorsement in PA

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Wobistdu, May 12, 2009.

1. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

Hey folks,

So I've been riding for years always on a permit. I never went and got the endorsement. Recently I purchased a suzuki m109r, which is a giant 1800cc power cruiser. It's a great bike.

I went to try and do the DMV test, which is 3 figure 8's in a row, and I couldn't swing the 8's tight enough in the box. After the guy walked away I managed to get through 2 of them in a row :dunno:

Anyway, I figured I'd sign up for this 6hr one day class. You bring your own bike and go through drills. If I do fine, I'll get my license right there. Hope it goes well.

2. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

You sure the ERC gets you a license?

Anyway, have fun

3. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

yeah it says if you come with a permit, you will get a certificate that counts as your motorcycle license. you have 120 days to get to the DMV and get the M endorsement.

4. deviant

deviant rest your trigger on my finger

i did the MSF course for mine, and then just had to do the written test at the dmv.

you may want to check with your insurance company to see if you get a discount on your rates for having completed either one, and weigh that in on your decision on if you want to do the MSF course instead.

5. 7960

7960 New Member

when I took the course they gave me a 125cc......i didn't fit on it, but it sure was easy to do the figure 8 in the box :rofl:

6. Frequency

Frequency New Member

Do you get your class M endorsement for the ERC - i always thought you needed your class M to take the ERC

7. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

They gave you that small of a bike for an Experienced rider's course?

There's a guy (I think he's from Florida) that has these kind of advanced courses and they focus on drills like what motorcycle police do (like doing circles in one lane). If it's that kind of course then definitely take it. Having that kind of control and maneuverability is nice when doing u-turns and going around parking lots.