Taking the EX out

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Aiden26, May 14, 2008.

1. Aiden26

Aiden26 New Member

Well, we had broke up about a month ago, basically because of her family/friends. They always pressure her to leave the relationship, and im sure its not what she wanted and she gave in to the pressure. She has been trying to push me away, trying to shut me out... since the breakup we have messed around once also (somewhat recently.) Since then, she has told me that she does enjoy the freedom of being single, but that she still does care and that she kind of does want to date again. We have been together about a year or so, and I care about her quite a lot. We were about to move in together, actually... I dont want to move on, or forget the memories..

Friday I am going to take her out... I want to show her a great time, make her remember that what we had was special. I was just looking for advice -- does anyone have ideas of what I can do with her to possibly re-kindle these feelings? Something special that one can do that will really 'wow' her... Im looking for anything, big or small. I cant live with myself if I cant say I gave it a shot, I think I will hate myself for a long time.

2. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

be really happy.

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Don't try to do something extraordinary...that will just confuse you later down the line if things do work out...you won't know if she had genuine feelings for you, or whatever it was you did.

Plus, it may set the bar too high for future expectations.

Treat it as a normal date. If you both have the feelings, you will know. If not...sometimes that's how life goes.

Treat it as a normal date, and go in with no set expectations about the outcome of it. Or at least, if you do set expectations, make them only about yourself.

4. JohnJohnJohnson

that's actually not bad advice, i still however would recommend being really happy

5. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Depending on what it was you did for your very first date you could do re-do it. Only works if it is something obvious when duplicated, if it was dinner and a movie skip my suggestion.

And take JJJs advice. Be really happy

6. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Eh, I'm not really going to condone your reasoning or tell you to be "happy" and excited about this date because the fact of the matter is she dumped you because her family and friends told her too and she listened to them instead of herself....

Just because she wants you back now doesn't mean you should take her back. I would never dump my bf if my friends and family told me to; I actually love him. Also, why do her friends and family dislike you? Maybe they dislike you for a good reason that you are not telling everyone...

Last edited: May 14, 2008
  7. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

Be happy ON the date. Not acting like her bitch or to needy on the date. Showing that although he wants her back, life is still great regardless

8. JohnJohnJohnson

:werd:

I'm not saying to be happy ABOUT THE DATE. Although you can if you want.

Just be really happy. Period

9. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

i was thinking the exact same thing. hard to give suggestions on what you should be doing when im not sure the date should be happening in the first place

10. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I don't think you guys should be telling him not to go on the date. That wasn't the question he asked. Sure we really don't know all/any of the details, but he asked what he could do on this date not if he should even go on it.

11. JohnJohnJohnson

Hey I really don't get what you're hoping to do there.

Based on what single experience on this or any internet forum - ever - has anyone asking a "How do I do this?" question been convinced that the real question was "Should I do this at all?"

He's got a plan, the best we can do is advise him on carrying it out to the best of his ability.

12. iwishyouwerebeer

I didn't say anywhere for him to not go on the date...just don't see why without any real details we should be going "yeah man! woo! you go on that date and be really happy about it, she's taking you back!"

I like to actually understand the entire situation before I give advice. He's already going on the date which is fine. Other than giving him the typical advice of "relax, have fun" what else is there to tell him? I just wanted to see if he would open up a bit about their relationship because for all I know maybe they do have a really good reason for the breakup, one that could easily be mended....or for all we know he's a dirtbag who stole from her family in which case he shouldn't bother.

13. JohnJohnJohnson

just to clarify,

I'm not saying he should be really happy about the date.

As far as I know, nor is anyone else in this thread

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Are you over your ex?

15. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Ring in cheesecake ftw

j/k

Be happy and let her see who you really are

16. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

mmm cheesecake! Funny thing is, I just had a slice of Reece's creme pie or something like that I got from the store...

17. Aiden26

Aiden26 New Member

There really is no good reason they dislike me. I think it all started when one of her better friends (who also has liked her and wanted to date her for quite some time) started to dislike me because he saw that we were serious. That spread pretty quickly, all of her friends started to dislike me eventually. They said we were together too much, and that I took all her time, even though they never tried to plan to do anything with her in the first place.
    Her mom (single parent) dislikes me because she is quite honestly, psycho. She is an alcoholic and has Bi-Polar but refuses treatment.

Of course not, I posted that in my initial post. I still care for her quite a lot and dont want to let her go.

And I know I probably shouldn't do this, but I need to do it for myself. If I just let it go that easily I will always think back and hate myself for it. I live life with a simple motto-- No Regrets. Its just the point if it does not work, if nothing comes of it, I have no idea how I am going to get over her. Its been a month, and we barely see each other or talk, and I still feel as strong as I did months ago, even when we first started to date.

18. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

those are the best! :yum:

19. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

take her to play putt-putt. and let her win. girls love that shit.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

Not always. I can't stand when a guy just lets me win something.

21. d3cromanc3r

d3cromanc3r 79 Слизняков

i personally never let girls win. but i know a lot of people that do that's why i suggested it. of course i should've mentioned in the first post that he's not supposed to let it be known that he's letting her win.

22. XxvODvxX

XxvODvxX New Member

F it. Do what makes you happy and as previously stated go in with little to no expectations. But please don't go in expecting to win her over. I am not saying it is or isn't going to happen. Just that doing something on terms like that has always been bad luck for me. personally, no expectations is the best and just enjoy yourself. And act like yourself.

23. kendoggydog28

kendoggydog28 New Member

well i first off don't think you should be seeing her or her seeinng you because that's what keeps you from getting over each other. That being said you're obviously still going to go on the date but i think the biggest thing is to not try too hard. any time you try too hard it's obvious to the girl, unattractive and corny.

24. Miss Red

Miss Red New Member

So what happened on this date? Did it end up happening?

25. Aiden26

Aiden26 New Member

Yeah it did, and I had a great time. Unfortunately it rained so most of my plans were ruined. We ended out going to the mall for a while and then to a hibachi Japanese grill... that was an absolute blast.

Overall it was a great time, but I found out she is talking to another man now and that I have virtually no chance anymore. It sucks because I truly love her and I dont know what to do from here. I really care about her and I have lost her. :wtc: