taking over company web site

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AbortionSurvivor, Apr 18, 2005.

1. AbortionSurvivor

AbortionSurvivor Active Member

My boss wants me to take over and manage our company web site (http://www.atrua.com). currently the site is being managed by another outsouced company.

the problem is that I don't know very much about web sites.
    i view the page source of the site and everything seems to be in Javascript.
    The language doesn't seem to hard and I could probably learn it with some time.

Can someone take a look at our site and tell me if i'm overlooking something?
    If I am, I need to tell me boss that i can't take over the site.

2. Aimless

Aimless Resident drunkey

Yeah, there's a lot of javascript which is really easy to pick up. It also uses CSS, and the main panel is done in Flash.

3. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Wow. That whole site does not have a single TEXT word on the home page. It looks like they used something like DreamWeaver to make the code.

If I were you, I would point out to the boss how there is no text navigation on the site, so you are never going to show up in search engines.

It looks like everything is hard coded. Sites like that can take a while to work with. Have you ever worked with web sites before? If not, this is probably not a site you want to start on. My company would charge extra to maintain that site!

4. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

Argh... that site is horrible. Damn indians!

5. GTS4eva

GTS4eva New Member

lol, I thought that was all in flash... Yeh those are the kinds of websites that people pay $10,000 for one company to make.. but they're always a pain in the ass to work with