GUN Taking out zombies and invading mongolians from a distance :cool:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ManinCamo, Dec 6, 2005.

1. ManinCamo

ManinCamo I wear big boy pants.

Tikka T3 Varmint in .308 Winchester

varmint = Bull Barrel & fat forearm, raised cheek pad, expanded capacity magazine (removable, 5 round)

Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 Mil-dot reticle scope. 92% light transmission :cool:
    Tikka windage adjustable rings
    bipod
    Muzzle brake on the way
    and a shitload of mil-surp ammo
    2 boxes of high quality 'hunting' anti-zombie ammo
    2 boxes of medium quality target ammo

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have a new recoil pad I need to shape and put on still, and I have a Holland Quick Discharge Brake on the way. Should be here tomorrow. Goes to the gunsmith when it comes in for installation.
    [​IMG]

For those unfamiliar with Tikka, they are made by Sako(very high end rifle) in Finland, both of which are 'owned' by Baretta. The Tikka is supposed to be one of the best out of the box guns in terms of accuracy. I'm expecting 1/2" groups at 100 yards with the bull barrel. All Tikkas must shoot 1" groups @ 100 yards or better before leaving the factory. The Remington 700 sets the bar for out of box accuracy - the Tikka beats it :)

I how have this,
    An Ithica model 37 12 Ga (the model 37 is the same gun used by the military in WW2)
    A Springfield XD .40 4"
    an XD 9mm Subcompact
    a Walther P99 in .40
    a Ruger Single Six .22lr / .22magnum revolver

started buying guns less than two years ago.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: Now you need to get yourself some sort mag fed semi auto rifle, incase the zombies start to overrun your position.

3. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

4. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

5. ManinCamo

It was a tossup between a RRA DEA and this. I can still get a deal on the RRA in the future, but I got this all for below cost :cool:

I can get the RRA for 5% over cost.

6. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I would never put a muzzlebrake on a gun unless it was some type of horrendous magnum, the increase in decibels isn't worth it, my left ear is still fuzzy thanks to one. Of course, it doesn't matter if you're only shooting from a bench wear ear protection everytime you shoot it. And Remington really doesn't set the standard for accuracy, I'm pretty sure their factory acceptable accuracy is over an inch, just like Rugers, Winchesters, etc. It's kinda scary to know what they actually consider acceptable.

and 92% transmission is nothing to look twice at, that's pretty much standard on decent scopes.

7. ManinCamo

I used to work an outdoors store. Short of getting a Leupold VX-III, a Zeiz or Swarovski at 3x the price, I wasn't going to get any better than this. There is a lot of shit on the market, and mid 80% light transmission is typical in the $100-250 price range.

How about you take a look at the scope, and factor in I paid $200 for it new. Typical online prices are $260 + shipping.

8. 7

You don't need to go 3x the price to beat 92%, but at $200 you really can't say no, it's too good to pass up.

9. ManinCamo

A professor of mine, who's a sniper instructor, directed me to Super Sniper scopes, but they were $300. Made by tasco, but the reviews are RAVING about how excellent they are. Superior to the names of which I mentioned above.

10. 7

I have no experience, but I always heard good things about them. All I know is that Tasco is no longer affiliated with them, and Bushnell was doing all warranty work on them, as they were having problems with the glass blowing out of them.

11. ManinCamo

I read reviews of guys dropping their rifles, and kicking them through the dirt, picking it up, firing it, and it still being zero'd in :eek4:

12. 7

Buy one and try it :x:

The general consensus seems to be that they're better than anything in th e$700 or so range, but they're no Nightforce or higher end Leupold Tactical or what not. Also, SWFA seems to be heading up production of them now.

13. ManinCamo

Donate me $320, and I'll pick one up and give you a full review on it in comparison to my Nikon.

14. 7

Ok the check is in the mail, go outside and wait for it.

15. ManinCamo

hmm... something sounds fishy about that... should I return the difference to your Nigerian address immediatly?

Oh well... I'll be out side waiting!

16. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

my next gun will definitely be a Savage 10FPLE2B .308

and I'm 75% sure that I'll put the 10x super sniper on it..

www.riflescopes.com is the only authorized retailer, anywhere else you buy it, it might be a fake.

great scopes for a great price. theyre passed directly from the manufacturer to that retailer, so no middle men = lower price.

17. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

the super sniper is better than the nikon monarch gold, for one simple reason.. far more elevation adjustment.

the nikon only does about 38 moa adjustment, the super sniper does over 100 if I recall correctly