GUN Taking my CPL class this weekend... what kind of shooting do you actually do?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by xpinchx, Sep 18, 2008.

1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I've been in contact with a guy who teaches around here but he canceled his classes around here until nov, but he's giving me a sweet discount to drive out to Novi for the classroom part this saturday, and he'll come out to a local range and shoot with me and a couple other people from this area sunday morning.

So I pretty much know what to expect in the clasroom part, but what sort of shooting drills should I expect to do? I've only put a couple hundred rounds through my glock so I'm not that great with it yet. After I get my CPL I'm going to join up with the local gun club so I can use their pistol ranges and hopefully take a defensive pistol class before it starts getting too cold out.

2. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Texas is 3yd, 7yd, and 15yd

3yd=20shots
    7yd=20shots
    15yd=10shots

But you have like a 8x5 target area to hit to get 5points, and anything in the outside ring =4pts, and not in the rings =3pts

3. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

I've taken the course that Michigan requires for CPL just for funsies. Don't worry about it... you'll pass.

4. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

29/30 on 5" steel plate at 50 yds, weak handed, while dragging a 150lb dummy, and after being hit with Fox.

Oh yeah, and there are a constant barrage of flash grenades and strobe lights going on as well (it's a night shoot).

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

mf101 got 31/30

6. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Mine they just made sure that you could operate the weapon safely, but Oregon doesn't have a shooting requirement.

7. Landfill

Landfill New Member

Mine was just safe handling and operation of the weapon and showed that I can apply what I learned in the classroom on the range. Really I would not be worried about it, just don't do anything stupid on the range and you will pass.

8. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

Utah permit doesnt even have range time.