LGBT Taking Care of Your Skin

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by NOVAJock, Feb 10, 2004.

1. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

More and more guys are starting to take care of their skin and invest in more high-end skin care products.

What brand of products, (Clinique, etc.) do you use and why?

2. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Um... I use Nivea for Men face scrub, Gilette shaving cream and aftershave, Origins hand lotion, the classic white Dial antibacterial bar soap for everything other than hair or face, and good 'ol Chapstick for the lips (albeit the moisturizing kind).

I'm sort of clueless on these products... what else should I use? Anything I am using now that I shouldn't? I know bar soap is not the best idea but I don't know what I should use.

3. Jayzian

Jayzian Get Head

I use Clean & Clear Acne Wash, which works really well for repairing blemishes and preventing them, then i follow it up with an Avon Exfoliating Facial Scrub, which leaves the skin soft and supple, removes dead skin and leaves your skin looking more vibrant and clean.

For my hair I use Garnier Thickening Shampoo, leaves your hair with full body and texture, then after i work Graham Webb Leave-In Conditioner, which makes the hair even more thicker and textured.

For my lips I use Blistex Clear Advance Lip Balm, its awesome, I just need to apply it once for the whole day (although i apply more because it tastes great and i like the texture of it)

i'll post more later

4. coolchrisrm

coolchrisrm Because if I wear it any place else, it chafes.

exfoliate
    facial cleanser
    mosturize with SPF
    chapstick
    proper shaving

BOOYOW! great skin!

5. Jayzian

Jayzian Get Head

you can find everything you need in your local drugstore, you don't have to go out and buy the expensive products because you can find the exact same thing for less. You just have to search for what you're looking for.

6. spyder007

spyder007 Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

i exfoliate with raspberry oatmeal body wash every other day, i use irish spring aloe on the off days

i wash my fash with a milk thystle cleanser, it dries everything out

i then us milk thystle moisturizer on my face to keep is non-oily and moist.

chapstick and avon aloe vera lotion are in my car, i go through both very fast working in the cold weather

I've started using biore pore cleansing strips too, kinda nice :o

7. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Reading this thread made me think of this:

I believe in taking care of myself, with a balanced diet and a rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while I do my stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water-activated gel cleanser. Then, a honey almond body scrub, and on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask and let it set for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol in it, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Name that movie :big grin:

8. velamint

velamint Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon

american psycho - i'm dling it right now just for that scene...also the book is even better

9. Taylor

Taylor Guest

Yeah, I need to read the book. I love the movie.

[​IMG]

:rofl:

10. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

Bath and Body Works:
    - Skin Balancing Face Wash- Rice (Part of their Pure Simplicity line)
    - Rice toner
    - Rice moisturizing face lotion
    - Three Ring Citrus- Facial Scrub

St. Ives:
    - Apricot Scrub for ALL skin types
    - Peel-Off Hydroxy Masque :mamoru: it's fun to peel :)
    - Firming Masque

Ponds:
    - Deep pore foaming cleanser

and not all at once. :)

and here's a secret and extremely IMPORTANT:
    lots of H20 :eek3:

11. mamoru

mamoru New Member

I cannot stress this enough...Drink one large poland spring bottle a day for a week, and then realize HOW MUCH HEALTHIER your skin will look...

I use Aveeno Baby wash for both my hair and body...my body is sensitive to just about anything, and I'll break out thinking about soap...so that stuff is what I use to wash my hair and body...

As for my face, I have a prescription cleanser called "Clenea" which works so fucking well...I just don't break out anymore on my face.

Once I'm done with what I have to do, I put on some Aveeno Baby Moisturizing Lotion on my face and chest...It will help keep the skin clean, looking healthy and elastic, and furthermore, it builds a layer between your skin and the pollution so you won't break out (as much, if at all) if you put it on. Make sure any stuff you put on it non-comedogenic (doesn't clog pores) and is dermotologist tested and fragrance free...all that shit can make your skin worse.

I wish I had someone to tell me these secrets :sad2: I had to figure all this out on my own.

I should open up a Sephora :rant:

12. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

I'll post a picture later of my product line. Run for you life.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2004
  13. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

OMG!!! So you mean you're going to take over my bathroom during the meet?? :o

14. Redsky

Redsky Beat the one you love.

No, I've got some travel shit that works well.

15. P-Man

P-Man Active Member

i use kerastasse shampoo and conditioner

cetaphill face wash and moisturizer.

got some samples of anthony logistics stuff from nordstrom the other week and really like them. i may get their pre-shave oil/shave cream soon. good stuff. their face wash and oil-free face lotion are also really good.

i use 'art of shaving' eye treatment every night b/c i get puffy dark areas under my eyes.