Taking a break, but have a few questions.

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Javi, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Javi

Javi New Member

Hey all,

I've heard that taking a week off from lifting every 8 weeks or so is beneficial. That, and my muscles are kinda feeling the strain. Especially my shoulders and my grip. So, this is my week off.

A quick background...

Ever since my last break, I've incorporated HIIT cardio in 2 of my workouts after lifting, normal cardio 2 other days. I've also taken CEE for the first time, giving me some pretty good gains. This past Friday, it seems that I'm just about out of gas. Tired in every which way.

Few questions...
    1. I'm taking CEE. Should I lay off, since I won't be lifting at all this week?
    2. Should I take a break from cardio as well?
    3. Should I still be taking in protein drinks, or should I lay off it for this one week?

Thx in advance from you brolys.

2. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

id try and stay away from cardio after lifting. I mean, if you have enough energy to run, you didnt lift hard enough ;)

as for week off, take it as a week off. I wouldnt really do any thing. Maybe a slow walk on a treadmill, but htas about it.

but for your week off, you really have ot pay attention to your diet. Dont go and eat like pizza and chips everyday :)

3. ryazbeck

ryazbeck New Member

do the stationary bike everyday on this week off so you can maintain your calories, and that'll be no impact so you wont be messing with your muscles too much.

4. Javi

Javi New Member

Well, I still have a lot of bodyfat to lose. And after 8 weeks of doing the stuff pretty hard, I can safely say that I've lost a lot of fat, while even gaining muscle. As my loss becomes less, then I'll lay off the cardio and move it to a separate session.

As for my diet, it isn't too bad. I watch what I eat 6 days a week. Saturday is pretty much where I can eat what I want... but I don't have a sweet tooth nor a real desire for the fast or fatty foods.

I may go run at the park a bit, and maybe do some pushups and situps, but not much else.

5. Rummy

Rummy "bored and extremely dangerous"

if I was up your ass you'd know where I was
    for all three questions, its not going to make a whole lot of difference...

I'd stay active outside of the gym, keep drinking protein as long as your protein drink isn't like 500 calories or something.

6. Katarn2086

Katarn2086 I know exactly where we're going....where the fuck

Keep up the protein, don't let your diet go too far south

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.