MMA Take down's with someone 6'4

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by JeffMerr, Jun 19, 2007.

1. JeffMerr

JeffMerr Guest

I was rolling with one of my friends from work who has a fight in a couple of weeks, he is pretty tall, he's 6'4 225. Coming from a wrestling background, i like to focus on controlling the neck to help with my take downs, one thing i noticed on him is that he has a long torso and when i try to clinch up he props his head back and i can't get any leverage to pull him into me or pull him down. I can of course go for a single or double or fireman etc. when he props up, but is there any way of getting around this with tall people? thanks

2. pepsi

pepsi Cut my life into pieces

I'm 6'1" and my thai instructor how was 5'2"-4" was able to through me down with the muay thai clinch. propping your head back is a defense, as long as guys grabbed me by the neck, i could hold them back, i had guys weighing 180 pounds completely off the ground trying to pull me down, but this 110 pound thai had no problem using technique, so if you grab him by the back/top of his head, you can get greater leverage to pull him back down. then go from there.

3. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

reach a little higher up the head, tward the crown of his nugget

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

yup.

and dont try and muscle his head down, relax and use your weight to pull him down.