Tacoma suspension lift

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by NisAznMonk, Aug 17, 2003.

1. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

Anyone know what brands are good when it comes to lifting a 01 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner? I've been looking into the Pro-comp 4 inch lift if I go with 33's, or a Trailmasters 6 inch lift if I go with 35's. Any opinions? How about forums ?

2. my buddy has the pro-comp lift and loves it.

3. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

How much did he pay for it? What size tires does he have? Any pictures? Thanks

4. taco

taco Guest

you won't fit 33-12.50s with 4 inches of lift and you won't fit 35-12.50 with 6 inches of lift.

you need 5-6 inches to clear 33s and probably 9 or so to clear 35s without alot of fender trimming.

There are also cheaper ways to get 33s. I have 33s on my tacoma with Old man emu coils (around $180), pro comp add a leaf (26 dollars summit racing) and a 3 inch performance accessories body lift (maybe 120 dollars).

You also have to watch the backspacing on whatever wheels you pick. I know 3.75 works but others may work too.

Go to www.tacomaterritory.com and get on their discussion board. They can steer you in the right direction if you want to lift your tacoma.

5. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Dam I didn't think you needed that much lift for a new Tecoma with the

tire sizes you mentioned.

I thought the newer Tacoma's sat higher stock than previous

years :confused:

6. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

same here. I've read about other people's rides where they lifted thier Tacoma with a 4 inch suspension and fit 33x12.5's on there. Oh, what are the advatages of going suspension/body lifts? I was thinking of only doing suspension lifts...but hey, what do I know?

7. LabradorBoy

LabradorBoy OT Supporter

www.tacomaterritory.com

Go to "Forum". Enjoy the best source of Tacoma information on the net.

Please do search around a little before you post, the question of how to fit 31's/32's/33's has been asked a million times.

Have fun.