A&P Tablet question

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Sympathy, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

How many of you guys use tablets (eg wacom) to edit your pics? What can you do w/ a tablet that would be harder to do w/ a mouse?

And what model and size do you guys use?

thx :wavey:

2. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

I got a Wacom Graphire that i got for free (i was disappointed cause they were supposed to give me an intuos.)

Anyway, it was really cool trying to play w/ it when i first got it, but now it pretty much just sits and collects dust. I can see someone needing it if they are really heavy into compositing and masking, but otherwise i'm much faster w/ my mouse.

3. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

4. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

hmm, i've never heard of that brand. All i really know is wacom is pretty much the industry standard. And whatever brand you go w/ try to stay away from the low level consumer line. From what i hear, the Intuos is supposed to be significantly better than the graphire that i have.

5. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

i think it's made by wacom

6. TheMarchHare

TheMarchHare OT Supporter

haha sympathy for lady vengence was my first choice for avatar... but i saw yours month or so back, so i got tis one instead =P fav trilogy ever.

7. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

oh ok, i guess that's their new consumer level one then (used to be the graphire)

One thing i forgot to mention. If you're already really good at drawing or even painting, a tablet will be more beneficial to you than it would be to someone who sucks at drawing (i.e. me :o)

8. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

:h5:

9. kristin

kristin my dog > *

It is, but it's a more consumer level brand. I almost bought a small one of them because it was much cheaper and the tablet I have is huge (12x12). I have a Wacom Intuous that I got on Craigslist for $30. I didn't want one that big but it was an amazing deal and I couldn't pass it down.

I use it as often as I can, but I do a lot of digital drawing so that's what I use it for. I've used it on editing a few pictures, but like someone else in here said, it's mostly if you're doing a lot of masking and/or selections that require a steady hand movement.

It's kind of hard to get used to, but once you get used to it, it's pretty awesome.

10. burn__

burn__ New Member

had a shitty knock off brand when i was still in school trying to use it for projects. wasnt pressure sensitive, mouse cursor always jumped around...was a piece of shit. so i threw out the notion of using the tablets. well my parents got me an intuos a few weeks ago as a bday present...and drawing/editing/masking is soooo much easier now than with the mouse. ill even bring it to work every once in awhile to work on vector stuff.

11. ///Mik3

///Mik3 New Member

yeah, pressure sensitivity is a really nice feature. Does that Bamboo support that?

12. gubment cheese

gubment cheese New Member