T3 supplemention increase protein synthesis

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mass, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mass

Mass Active Member

I thought I would post this, I take 12.5 mcg of t3 every morning.

The noted positive psysiological effects of resonable dosages of thyroid hormones included:

*Increased protien synthesis rate.
    *Increased rate of fat oxidation.
    *Increased sensitivity of receptors for androgens, Insulin, GH, IGF-1, PGE1, PGF2, Cloenbuterol, Ephedrine, Creatine and others.
    *Increased metabolic rate and calorie expenditure.
    *Enhanced oxygen consumption by most body tissues
    *Improved recovery time

Thyroid hormones govern the body's metabolic rate. This means that the metabolism of nutrients and subsequent celluar utilization or storage rate is dependent upon blood circulatory thyroid levels. Higher levels result in elevated over all metabolic rate provided that other metabolic factors are accomidated aswell.

THYROID HORMONES ARE ANABOLIC
    -------------------------------------------

Many athletes were not aware of the fact that thyroid hormones are a true form of absolute anabolic. The usual method of employment for thyroid hormones was during pre-contest periods. Obviously, this is beacuse increased thyroid levels means elevated metabolic rate and resulting increased calorie expenditure or use. This explanation itself suggest the noted anabolic potential.

Thyroid hormones govern or regulate our metabolic-rate or metabolism. Metabolic rate is the speed or rate at which all chemical and physical processes occur. This is true of every living cell in our bodies. This means that the rate of nutrient metabolism, absorption and utilization is vastly dependent upon thyroid hormones. In fact the levels of thyroid hormones in our body determines if the food we eat is stored as adipose (fat) tissue, utilized for regeneration and building, or burned as heat/energy. How often have you heard some whale claim "its glandular" as they stuff another box of donuts? In some cases it is actually the truth. So fix it!! Low thyroid hormone levels slow healing/growth process while increasing fat stores. Overly high thyroid hormones levels result in tissue catabolism or wasting. But thyroid hormones levels result in tissue catabolism of wasting. But thyroid hormone levels matched to utrient supply and demand were commonly considered to be SERIOUSLY ANABOLIC.. Remember, training and chemical muscle enhancement protocols created a massive nutrient demand. If thyroid hormone levels are too low, no amount of calories will be an adequate supply simply because they are not metabolized at the necessary rate. This is why athletes often got needlessly big-time fat. They ate to keep up with major muscle chemistry, but failed to provide a metabolic rate to match.

WHY ARE THYROID HORMONES ANABOLIC
    -------------------------------------------------

Thyroid hormones trigger the release of fat stores so other cells can convert the long chain triglycerides (fat) into heat, energy, ATP. By increasing ATP, muscle cells are better able to regenerate, and do so at an increased rate. Thyroid hormones increase creatine transport and increase androgen/GH/IGF-1/IGf-2 receptor-site sensitivity. Thyroid hormones increase the rate of nutrient metabolism, absorption, and utilization. Gee, sounds like the perfect growth enviroment to me when considering the fact that growing children do this naturally so well. It also meant major chemical muscle enhancement synergy for those whom reported use.

Many would be suprised to realize how many top BB's remained "on cycle" with thyroid hormones all year long. This allowed maximum growth and recovery rates while preventing excessive fat accumulation even in the very breif "off-season". The difference in diet and mass phases was dosage, though some altered the term dosage to mean "available". Why did they include thyroid hormones in their mass stacks?

Thyroid hormones can have a re-partitioning effect upon body composition or muscle-to-fat ratio. As example was the many athletes whose weight was over 250lbs but only 10% bodyfat when total daily circulating thyroid hormone levels were elevated 10-50%. This would be due to thyroid hormone activity inducing nutrient metabolism and celluar efficiency combined with other hormone synergy.

A COUPLE NOTES OF INTEREST
    ------------------------------------

*According to reasearchers, calorie restricted periods that provide less than 2ggrams of protien per lb of bodyweight daily during thyroid hormone administration usually resulted in weight loss consisting of 75% fat and 25% muscle in most cases.

*The 5-deiodinase enzyme activity necessary for liver conversion of T-4 into T-3 requires adequate levels of zinc and selenium. During calorie restricted periods lasting more than 2-3 weeks T-4 conversion to the more active T-3 decreases dramatically greatly reducing fat-loss. Adequate zinc intake and absorption prevents the decline in 5-deiodinase that causes this negative by about 67% and adequate selenium levels prevents the decline by about 47%. Obviously both in sufficent amounts are best.

*Thyroid hormones were commonly cycled with Insulin, AAS, GH, IGF-1, PGF-2, Ephedrine, Clenbuterol, and other drugs by athletes.

2. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

How can you be sure that your thyroid hormone levels are matched to your nutrient intake?

3. trancezj

trancezj New Member

I've taken T3 and some stuff, but I just don't like newbs reading this stuff. I'm tempted to lock it, but I won't. I would like to see a disclaimer of sorts. Something along the lines of "T3 / ctyomel can permenantly FUCK your thyroid up. Insulin listed below shouldn't be used by anyone other than professionals. "

4. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

:werd: thats what it sounds like

5. Mass

Mass Active Member

ive never had a thread locked... it would be an honor.

6. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

you take T3 everyday? :eek3:

I don't know all that much about it, but i've heard that prolonged use can fuck up your thyroid.

7. Mass

Mass Active Member

12.5 to 15 mcg can be taken and won't interfere with natural thyroid output, it will merely boost the metabolism making it more efficient. Also, patients who were misdiagnosed with Thyroid disorders and put on t3/t4 for years and taken off,their thryoid output rebounded to natural lvls. I think the thyroid is much like the testes in the HPTA, individuals are just more cautious to tamper with the thyroid and everyone has that friend whose heard "about that one guy who fucked up his thyroid for life" but cant actually yeild any real names or instances.

8. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

:cool: learn something new everyday.

9. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

I would also like to know.

10. Sgt. Ownage

Sgt. Ownage you gon' be just fiiiine

11. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

i prefer t&

12. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Hm looks tempting, and its so easy to get (and legal, yay)

How the fuck do you dose 12.5mcg though? How many mcg/ml?

13. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

1mcg/gallon ... drink up!

14. Danny

Danny New Member

The most common ones I've seen are the tabs but you can find the oral version of about 50mcg/ml 30ml bottle.

15. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

so about 1/5ml? christ that'd be hard to dose

16. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

1cc insulin needles are your friend.

17. Danny

Danny New Member

:bigthumb:

18. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

Get 25mg tabs and break them in half cave.

19. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

1/4 cc=12.5mcg...i use t3 as well, but only when competing. But mass is pretty much right on with the post an the findings...many people abuse it an have a little fat rebound but there levels always returned. I used it 6 weeks straight at 50mcg and then tapered down to 25mcg then 12mcg after my show an got blood done 4 weeks later an my levels were normal an in the middle of the range

20. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

When T3 levels go up, TSH secretion is suppressed. This is the mechanism whereby exogenous thyroid hormone suppresses natural thyroid hormone production. There is a difference though between the way anabolic steroids suppress natural testosterone production and the way T3 suppresses the thyroid. With steroids, the longer and heavier the cycle is, the longer your natural testosterone is suppressed. This is not the case with exogenous thyroid hormone.

An early study that looked at thyroid function and recovery under the influence of exogenous thyroid hormone was undertaken by Greer (2). He looked at patients who were misdiagnosed as being hypothyroid and put on thyroid hormone replacement for as long as 30 years. When the medication was withdrawn, their thyroids quickly returned to normal.

Here is a remark about Greer's classic paper from a later author:

"In 1951, Greer reported the pattern of recovery of thyroid function after stopping suppressive treatment with thyroid hormone in euthyroid [normal> subjects based on sequential measurements of their thyroidal uptake of radioiodine. He observed that after withdrawal of exogenous thyroid therapy, thyroid function, in terms of radioiodine uptake, returned to normal in most subjects within two weeks. He further observed that thyroid function returned as rapidly in those subjects whose glands had been depressed by several years of thyroid medication as it did in those whose gland had been depressed for only a few days" (3)

These results have been subsequently verified in several studies.(3)(4) So contrary to what has been stated in the bodybuilding literature, there is no evidence that long term thyroid supplementation will somehow damage your thyroid gland.

Full article: http://magazine.mindandmuscle.net/page.php?pageID=100&issueID=10

21. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

What about the natural substances that are supposed to help with hypothyroid? I sold that shit somewhat frequently to regular customers at the vitamin shoppe and they said that it definitely helped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.