T.v.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by YipMan_Style, Jun 5, 2002.

1. YipMan_Style

YipMan_Style Guest

Money is an issue, and yet I don't want just cheap stuff. Let's say I have around $400 to spend for a TV. Should I have a Flat Screen 24" like a Sony Wega, or get something like a 32" "regular" TV?

What are the pros and cons of my two choices? Basically, I'm building a Home Entertainment system. So bigger screen is important, but so is quality. I don't watch too much regular TV, so I'm thinking of only movies.

Late,

2. 04

04 Guest

I personally would get the 32 inch tv. Im sure a lot of people would disagree with me though. My reasoning is, with the bigger tv, if you want to watch 2.35:1 movies on the 24 inch sony, you would probably have a very hard time seeing the image all the way across the room. But with like a 32 inch tv, it wouldnt be such a big deal. I personally use my 19" Samsung Syncmaster monitor for movies and tv. It can do 1280x960 at 75hz. The image quality is fantastic obviously because its a computer monitor. The downside is that you have to sit rather close to the screen to watch which can be a big pain. That is why I would reccomend the 32" tv.

3. GoGophers

GoGophers New Member

I'd also say get the larger TV for ^^^ exact same reason.

4. caddymac

caddymac Guest

Larger. Any TV you buy today will be outdated in a few years anyway.

5. Mom

Mom New Member

Go with a 46" LED bro