T-Mobile stole my money! Help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by adum, Dec 28, 2004.

1. adum

adum Wine & Tech

So about 5 months back there was a huge T-Mobile Motorola v300 thing going on here at OT (I think it was in Hot Deals). Well I called and ordered my 4 v300's. They came, we sent away for the rebates and they told us it would take a couple months. I called yesterday and spoke with the "Rebate Department" and they said they had nothing in the system and they could not be responsible for mail that was lost by the USPS. So I begin to argue, the Sup over at the Rebate Center says she will 3-way with customer care, well she transfers me over and drops (stupid bitch). So I get someone real nice lady at customer care and she tells me to fax over all the rebate forms when I get home. Can't find any of the copies of the rebate forms and we can't remember all the info for the rebates. If anyway remembers this deal please let me know. And if anyone works for T-Mobile tell me the best way to get back my $300.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

never ever expect rebates to come in. Some people only buy stuff because of the rebates -- but then this happens. Buy it thinking you'll pay the normal price -- then if a rebate happens to make it back to you, then be happy that you have some extra spending cash.

A majority of the rebates I send out never come back to me.

3. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

this is what rebates are for. So people either forget or mess up on the rebates. Go back to tmobile and ask for another copy of the rebate. You are going to need proof of purchase and a barcode off of the box. There is a postmark date and a receive date on the rebate. If you got them 3 months ago, chances are that date has past. If that's the case, the only thing you can do is go through who you bought it from and ask for some kind of compensation. Don't be an asshole if you do, cause you won't get any help, be nice and explain the problem. If you bought it from a corporate owned tmobile store, you can probably go back to them to get this taken care of. If you bought it online or from a noncorporate store, good luck. There are benefits to buying directly from a corp store, such as when shit gets messed up you can go back to them for help.

btw, tmobile didn't steal your money. the retail industry in general relies on people messing up on rebates. Cell phone rebates are generally very reliable as long as it is completed and received correctly. I know this, b/c I have sold cell phones for 4+ years and I always tell my customers if there's a problem w/ the rebate to come back and see me. and they rarely do, when they do have a problem it usually has something to do with what they did.

4. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

Odd. I've never sent rebate form off that I didn't get the rebate for. It takes a while most of the time, but I've always received the rebates. Just follow the instructions carefully and make sure you don't miss the expiration date.

...and, apparently, making copies of everything before sending it off isn't a bad idea either.

5. DaveyD

DaveyD Fuck Ohio State, son

When I switched to Cellular One's GSM, they had a 50 dollar mail in rebate. I signed up for the service in April, and got me rebate in November. It took long enough, but I got it.