T-Mobile Free WAP Browsing Ended?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cronin, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Cronin

Cronin New Member

I recently noticed that when trying to browse WAP sites from my phone via T-Zones... that all i recieve is a message telling me to subscribe to their T-Zones service.

I have had this phone (Nokia 6010) for 2 months now... and have always been able to browse WAP sites, such as "http://www.jhonny.org/wap" or <A href="http://wap.pcs3g.com" just">"http://wap.pcs3g.com" just by typing the addresses into my phone.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

2. is2scooby

is2scooby OT Supporter

T-Mobile cut out WAP service around July 28th or so. Lotta people bitching and trying to get around the blocked portal, but no luck so far. :(

3. Cronin

Cronin New Member

ohh man that sucks, i had emailed t-mobile about it... but still have yet to get a reply. I'm already paying $33 a month for my phone. I'm not about to jump it up to $38.

btw $33/ month gives me 300 anytime min. Unlimited weekends and 300 text messages (in and out including AIM)

4. Cronin

Cronin New Member

Dear Steve Cronin,

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

We understand that in the past you were able to access WAP sites from your phone without being a T-Zones subscriber. We have made some changes in our system that now requires the subscription to T-Zones in order for you to have access to WAP sites that are not T-Mobile affiliated. We currently offer the following T-Zones features:

$4.99 T-Zones offers unlimited T-Zones access. With this feature, you will have access to games, sports scores as well as a pop3 or AOL email account from the browser in your phone menu for an unlimited amount per month from the WAP browser on your phone.

$9.99 T-Zones Pro offers unlimited T-Zones access. With this feature, you will have access to games, sports scores as well as a pop3 or AOL email account from the browser in your phone menu. This feature also gives you the ability to configure a corporate email account on your MyT-Mobile.com account so that you can view your email from your corporate email account from your phone for an unlimited amount per month from the WAP browser on your phone. Please let us know which feature you would like added to your account so we can further assist you.

Please keep in mind that neither of these features allows you to download ringtones and graphics for free. These features will still be billed at $0.99 per download.

If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    ///Marshall
    Technical Services

5. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

be glad it's only $5.

at&t's mmode just got around to dropping their unlimited plan from $80 to $25.

6. Cronin

Cronin New Member

lol yeah i guess thats true... now with this extra 4 99 i'm paying 38 bucks a month for my phone. oh well, it could be worse.

7. is2scooby

is2scooby OT Supporter

I'm just pissed because I signed up with the knowledge that T-mobile was offering the free service and they took it away. I actually only use it to check sports scores, dowload rings and pass time when I'm taking a crap, but still... :(

8. maczter

man. it's only $5 a month. that's $1 and change per week. if you can't spring for a buck a week, you should maybe reconsider the whole cell phone thing. :)

9. Cronin

Cronin New Member

it is still a service that used to be offered for free.

10. is2scooby

is2scooby OT Supporter

It's not really a matter of if I can afford a buck a month or not, it's a matter of buying into a plan with free service and then having it taken away. :wtc: I'm pretty sure I can squeeze a couple extra bucks out a month, but the question is if it's worth it for me since I just use it to pass time when I'm taking a crap. I guess it's for my anus to decide :wiggle:

11. maczter

i hear you. i guess i just wasn't surprised when they started charging for it like every other company does.