T-Mobile Employees/Gurus--Phone upgrade question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SugarCoatedSour, Sep 21, 2005.

1. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour OT Supporter

My family is nearing 12 months on our family plan, and we're both interested in getting new phones. Just about any new flip phone will suffice for my mom, but I was interested in something a little better.

Right now I only have a Nokia 6010, but I'd like to upgrade to a Samsung E715, X495, or E335. I haven't heard the best things about the X495 or E335, but I mainly just use text messaging, so reception isn't the highest priority, since I don't call too much.

If possible, I was just wondering what each of these phones might cost me, and any steps I might have to take to make sure that I get the best deal.

Many thanks in advance! :bigthumb:

2. BoredVersion

BoredVersion LOLTIDE

Also, would it be better to get a silver Razr from T-Mobile and get black faceplates for it or would it be better to get a black Razr and get it unlocked?

3. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

Your best bet would be not to get a Raxr at all.

As for what TMobile might give you as a phone credit to extend your contract another year, I would say ~$150 that is what they offered me last time :dunno:

4. SugarCoatedSour

SugarCoatedSour OT Supporter

Interesting. Another question: when you received phone credit and upgraded your phone, did you have the option to get any T-Mobile phone, or just the newer recent phones?

'Cause if that's the case, I'll probably just go for a Samsung E700 or E730 instead of the X495 or E335. :)

5. threeclaws

threeclaws R.I.P.

It was for any phone.