t-mobile blackberry 8100.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by familyguy101, Mar 24, 2008.

1. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I just picked this phone up and have no idea how to take videos with it. I can take pictures with really good quality but there is no option to take videos. Anyone know what to do?

2. asp

asp New Member

you can't record video. you can only playback video

3. l S3RG10 l

l S3RG10 l New Member

hate this phone

4. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

wow, how crappy.

5. Dissent

Dissent OT Supporter

Its an alright phone. i got one myself.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I love my 8130... But CDMA > GSM... I also get the 2mpx camera and video functions.

All you got was a "color-change" trackball. :mamoru:

7. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

LOL CDMA sucks, that's why only a handful of people are on it. Verizon should junk that network.

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

what don't you like about CDMA? The better coverage per tower? The better call quality? or the faster data network?

9. KIDRR

:rofl: The technology map is already tapped out for CDMA data, GSM is planned out to 14mps already. CDMA has to regulate the voice and data network separately. Moreover, when CDMA drops back out of the major cities you go to 1xrtt which is like 25K if you 're lucky. EDGE is still around 128K.

What don't you like about GSM? The ability to do data and voice at the SAME time, the better selection of devices along with the ease of changing them, or the global economies of scale it creates?

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

A cell phone contract is 2 years MAX. Currently CDMA has the best data and that's not changing in the next 2 years. So your theory of what GSM *might* do in the future -- and the assumption that CDMA won't match/beat it are largely worthless. Right now CDMA is king for data.

That's correct. But that doesn't make it a dis-advantage. In fact, it's worked out quite well.

CDMA 3G coverge exceeds that of GSM 3G. And the speeds of CDMA 3G is much better than GSM 3G. Furthermore, CDMA has more rural coverage, period. Actually getting voice/data coverage (even if it's slower on the older towers) is better than not getting any coverage at all -- which is what you're left with using GSM.

Shitty carriers (AT&T or T-Mobile).
    Shitty voice quality.
    Slow data.
    Shitty/non-existent rural voice coverage.

My blackberry 8130 has zero probs doing data and voice at the same time. I am instantly notified of emails/sms/picmail when it happens -- even if on a call.

Bullshit. It's subjective at best. I could get a 8130 with Sprint and get GPS, EVDO (3G), and a 2 Mpx camera at a time that you couldn't get all those things from any GSM carrier. Phone selection is a cat-and-mouse game and the leader changes all the time.

That is a true GSM advantage. That is the only area that I really think GSM has anything on CDMA. The 700MHz band may change that... We'll see.

I don't give a shit what another country uses. In the United States of America, CDMA is the better technology for my current wireless contract.

11. KIDRR

I'm way too lazy to get into this any further with you. The fact is CDMA is a dieing technology. Nokia the biggest manf in the world doesn't even make CDMA devices because it's not worth their time, apple isn't even going to bother launching the Iphone on CDMA. AT&T network runs 59mhz of spectrum in major cites while sprint only has 31 and verizon 41ish. Spectrum is king.

/thread

12. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

have you not listened to anything??? CDMA supports more calls (with better call quality) per tower, so they need fewer channels, and fewer towers to support the same user load. Therefore, it takes less spectrum.

Math > you.

13. KIDRR

14. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

that doesn't mean jack shit. It means that Verizon is going to actually start using wireless technology from their much larger partnership vodaphone... Which is based in EUROPE, so of-course it's GSM.

And a company switching to a particular product/technology does not make that product inheriently "better". Plenty of companies make decisions that factor financials into the mix. It doesn't make sense for two partners to develop two different products... And when you consider that vodaphone is bigger, and it CANNOT use CDMA (rest of europe is gsm, so they're stuck with it) then you have a bam-zing-zip verizon gets to ride bitch.

15. KIDRR

Why would they do that though??!! CDMA is like so superior!!

BTW Vodaphone was the #2 bidder on the current AT&T network to Cingular. They took second place when they lost out on that bid and settled for Verizon. :mamoru:

16. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

better/worse doesn't matter in business. only cheaper.

of course they wanted a gsm carrier, because they're gsm.

17. eyedea

eyedea P.O.S. - Never Better 02.03.09

i have this phone but need the desktop software. anyone know where i can download it? plus how do you change the color of the ball?

18. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

19. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

the program to change the trackball color is reported not to work with the latest 4.3 firmware -- which you SHOULD be running for stability reasons.