Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jyokker, Aug 9, 2006.
If I made this thread it would fail.
I forgot it being central time.
I wonder why.
It's up! I didn't make it. Damn separation.
So one of my good friends who I was sure was going to make it didn't.
The other one did.
The Air Force promotion system is flawed to a point of being useless.
Congrats to all that made it.
I can say with all assurance that its not as hosed as the Navy's.
1. Over 60% of our promotion is based on a test that is strictly memorization of obscure facts.
2. Fitreps/eval are based are not what you know, but who you blow.
3. When or should I say if you ever get promoted, you are "frocked" to your next rank. Which is Navy code speak for" We will let you wear the next rank, double your responsibility, and we wont pay you for that new rank for another 6 months or so.”.
4. If you get in trouble as a frocked E-6, you will be judged as a E-5 because we haven’t paid you for that new rank.
5. Your Command will know you have made it, but wont tell you right away, they will wait until everyone else has told you, and then tell you 4 days after the official list is out or you see your name in the Navy times.
6. After the official list is out, we will tell you that that was not really the official list and publish a new one.
Needs to be more like the Marines.
exact situation, the friend that made it has issues, and the one that didn't is SH