t-5 tranny woes

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by copiertalk, Dec 21, 2003.

1. copiertalk

copiertalk Secure Our Borders! OT Supporter

i have a 93 chevy s-10 that i am trying to repair the non-world class t-5 transmission.. the transmission keeps jumping out of 1st gear under load. i have replaced the input shaft, the synchro blocking rings, bearings and thrust washers/needle bearings on the output shaft. the shift rail is strait and not binding, the shift forks have new pads and are not bent.

i have the parts for the counter shaft, but had no press while it was apart and it had to be back in the vehicle this morning for church. (my girl friend sang in the christmas contata and i had to be there)

i guess i am just wondering if i am thinking in the right frame of mind here in thinking that it is the end-play in the counter shaft that needs to be eliminated. what is the allowable end-play for the counter shaft for a nwc t-5?

thanks all

2. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Could be your clutch. When I bought my 69 Jeep truck, the tranny would pop out of gear under load also because the clutch would slip so much. Had a new clutch installed, and the problem went away.