Synergy

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by samm, Jul 28, 2006.

1. samm

samm Next in Line

I bought a Griffin iCurve for my powerbook, and a 23" Apple Cinema display for my mac mini this week. I found this great little application called synergy that allows me to control both computers with one keyboard and mouse. The mac version is a little flaky, the mouse cursor doesn't hide when leaving a display for example. But otherwise it is fantastic. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to control multiple computers without purchasing a KVM.

[​IMG]

The instructions for setting up synergy as a startup item are a bit vague, so if anyone has questions feel free to ask.

2. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

what's flaky about it? I would be interested in doing this with my windows desktop wand my MB. would it be possible?

3. samm

samm Next in Line

Flaky probably wasn't the right word, it is very stable. There is just a few things I've noticed that are somewhat odd, such as the mouse cursor not hiding when you leave a display, and certain keys do not word (sound up/down, eject).

The synergy server and client can be run on cany combination of mac/windows/linux.

4. clog

clog NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!11

:coold: thanks I'm gonna give it a try @ home

5. RaginBajin

RaginBajin Have you punched a donkey today?

I use it on my windows and linux machines all the time. it's a great little program.. Works very nicely.

6. turbo91

turbo91 New Member

Synergy is a cool program. I was using it earlier today to share between linux (on a mini), a pismo and my windows laptop.