SRS Symptons of anything?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Shamrock, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock I can in end the world in a Holocaust OT Supporter

symptoms*

Most of the time I will be happy guy like to be around people. But sometimes all of a sudden, with nothing trigerring it, I will feel very alone and want to distance myself away from people even from friends. THis is a bi weekly thing now and I think it may be from stressed from school. Its kind of affecting my social life too, people are telling me they never see me anymore ( which is true) and I just feel horrible. Also if this has anything to do with it my grades are dropping, my memory is getting bad, and I'm just not very talkative anymore. I feel like I'd rather be on the computer by myself on a friday night then out hanging with friends for fear of me feeling alone and just really out of place. The weird thing is it isn't always like this it will be off an on and no events trigger it just a feeling that comes and goes.

I may just be imagining this but this has been something I have been noticing recently. Should I have any concerns? I just don't want it to become an everyday thing.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2006
  2. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Depression.

See your doctor.

3. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

talk to a therapist that u relate to. works wonders. everyone should go the world would be a better place

4. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

5. Shamrock

[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
    [SIZE=+2] ISTJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]IntrovertedSensingThinkingJudging [SIZE=-0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] 56506244
    ISTJ type description by D.Keirsey
    ISTJ type description by J. Butt

[SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE]
    You are:
    • moderately expressed introvert
    • moderately expressed sensing personality
    • distinctively expressed thinking personality
    • moderately expressed judging personality

6. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

7. Shamrock

I really don't think it's depression. More anxiety than anything. I will just havea very very strong feeling of not wanting to be here not wanting to be in this situation seeing what ia hve in front of me and being overly worried about it. Right now I'm feeling it, not really depressed, but a sense of wanting to be secure and don't feel like is hould be in this place right now (my room) its a very strong uneasy feeling.

8. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

9. Shamrock

10. Saturn Sun

Saturn Sun New Member

do you do drugs or have stopped takeing them lately? even beer will make you feel this way..... i agree you should talk to a therapist.

11. Shamrock

I don't do drugs really and drink on the weekend. But i don't feel this way when i drink.

12. dr_jerkvorkian

dr_jerkvorkian New Member

hmm, is it because you actually do feel out of place? maybe there is a reason you don't feel like you fit in, not everyone is made the same. istj is an introverted type of personality (i'm an infj) and usually introverts feel "safe" when we are with other introverts. i've read statistics that anywhere from about 60-75% of people in the united states are extraverts, so this means that you and me are a minority ;;except on-- tadaaaaa-- the internet.. which is probably why you feel comfortable on the computer..
    the way you describe your evenings out sounds a lot the way i feel sometimes, so you're not alone. it's tough, but life does go on.. we've just gotta come up with coping strategies. for me, it means making time for myself and creating personal boundaries rather than going out and partying it up just because my friends feel like doing it.

::another thing which brought me down, is that a lot of my friends simply did not understand me, even after several years of explaining to them that i like my space. for a while i kept getting guilt trips left and right for wanting a little time for myself, and LORD knows i need it! my living space is a mess, my car and computer is barely running, i've got people left and right accusing me of being a bad friend for never being around. i don't need that kind of guilt, and it pretty much made things worse for a while until i learned to just not give a fuck! it's my life, and they can choose to be in it if they want to but no excessive nagging. that's a personal rule :)
    introverts are highly in demand also, btw-- extraverts expel energy, and need people like introverts to accept their energy-- so don't let extraverts use you as a doormat also..

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  13. Shamrock

I don't feel out of place all the time which is why I am so confused. How do I go about getting a doctor appointment without my parents knowing. I'm 20 and would like to get into a office and talk to some one about it.

14. ebbnflo

ebbnflo REAL- LAOT Hermit

Do you live with your parents or are you insured under them or something? WHY are you concerned about your parents knowing you are seeing a doctor? (not being bitchy, I am just wondering if there is a specific reason for you not wanting them to know.)

In general, you just call up a doctor's office and schedule an appointment, then go.

It seems like you have legitimate reasons for concern, and really should see a professional about it. Nothing to be ashamed of.

15. Shamrock

So I just failed everyone of my tests last week 3 of them. Coming off from A's and B's from the tests before them. I studied my ass off for these tests. This just blows I am a good student was looking for a's and b's now I'm hoping to get c's. I don't know if I should just go to my local doctor here at School or wait till I'm home. Which is in 3 weeks after all my finals. I never thought this stuff would effect my school and my conscentration, but maybe I'm wrong.

16. Shamrock

I just don't want that kind of burden on my mom and dad. Seems like i always have to go to the doctors. LAst time it was for palpitations and high blood pressure which i think my be from anxiety now. Time before that was kidney stones, then it was some weird skin virus. All these had many many appointments and many tests just seems like I'm costing my parents alot fo money. I think I'm going to go to my local university health center though. I just need something to help me finish out this school year.

17. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Your health is not, never was, and never will be a burden to your parents.

Going to your local UHC is a good idea. Print this entire thread and take it with you. There is no better way to illustrate your condition. It can be added to your file and/or forwarded to your primary health care provider.

18. Shamrock

Well didn't go today, tomorrow to busy, thursday busy. I'll try to go friday

19. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

You could use a priority check-up also. And thanks for wasting our time, btw.

20. Shamrock

I cannot skip my classes which is the main reason I want to get help for this because it is affecting my school work. id on't think skipping classes would help the situation.

21. Shamrock

Skipped my class got the balls and went. They have me on lexapro 20 mg.

22. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

Good job. I hope the Lexapro does the trick.

23. Shamrock

Yes Yes me too. Now I have to see if I can get an incomplete in the class I'm failing due to my piss poor grades. Hardest part was going to the doctors.

24. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Lexapro is my friend.

25. svetlanalemon

svetlanalemon A little blood and vomit on the car seat...

um, yeah, sure... a guy talks about how he's feel down and not himself... and hand him a bottle of pills

it's a human condition to feel... if there is something in your life that is truly inhibiting your growth/happiness it should be looked upon, you shouldnt just reach for the simplest solution. And it's not even a solution, maybe temporary

Either way, meds or no meds, go see a therapist. You need someone else's perspective besides your own regarding your life. ( Less you have a trusted friend that you feel you can spill the guts to )