SRS Switching your Paradigm

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by unorthadox, Oct 23, 2007.

1. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

I'm sure most of you who frequent the 'self help' forums/books/whatever have heard of the concept of paradigm shifting - seeing yourself in a much more confident and pleasant light than your current view. Whether this is accomplished through sheer willpower or with the help of others, a shift to a positive paradigm is one thing that can always bring in some fresh air to an otherwise dull life..... which is what I am hoping to do.

I have hit one of those moments where I want to start the change. I always think of myself as being more friendly, getting down to work with more force, and being less afraid failure. Key word : THINK. Good intentions mean dick all if you can't find the strength to act on them.

So, as I sit here contemplating how in the world I'm going to accomplish the personal goals I've laid out for myself I hope to share with you some insight that might help in YOUR shift if its needed. In addition, if you have gone through something of similar scope feel free to share your thoughts!
    Creating new habits, breaking old ones, setting self determination, and improving confidence are daunting tasks - but a gentle push can make all the difference in the world.

My input:
    - Lay out a plan for yourself, starting with a strategy and mission. A mission is WHERE you want to be - which could be as simple as what you want to be doing in five years, the car you want to drive, or how people percieve you. Strategy is HOW you want to accomplish this - through talking to career counsellors, working your way up the corporate ladder with determination and dedication, or by building up your personal and social skills.

- Find someone that supports you and stick with them. Support can mean a million different things depending on who you are, but it all comes down to this - does that person make you believe in yourself. Be it your best friend at college, a girlfriend you have a good connection with, or your mom, take the time to chat with them and let them build you uip. There is nothing wrong with taking a moment to share a laugh and boost your esteem!

- If all else fails and you find this very overwhelming, remember just three things; failure is just an event, it's the simple things that matter, and clean your room. The first one concerns realizing that acting on a feeling is alot better than failing to act at all, as well all know the 'Miss 100% shots' quote. Secondly, don't get caught up in the details. If you're shell shocked and don't know how to focus your energy, just concentrate on the simplest things first and everything else will follow. Thirdly, despite sounding like advice from your mother, cleaning your room or living space can clear the mind and bring some satisfaction to an otherwise unproductive day.

Hope this helps a little bit, see ya guys on the other side :)

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Can i put a section of this in the Asylum wisdom?

3. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

honestly, that would flatter me :)

by all means

4. daneeyah

daneeyah Guest

very nicely put!
    thanks for taking the time to post :wavey:

5. dguy

dguy She smells like angels ought to smell.

ifl

6. blackgrrl23

blackgrrl23 If the game ain't money, then I ain't playing.

I love it :bowdown: