Switching up PWO drink, some question/concerns..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Thomas Crenshaw, May 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

So for the last two months ive been drinking vasocharge pwo and xtend during...i wasnt really feeling an edge anymore from the vasocharge and the pump wasnt as intense so i suppose my tolerance went up..i got a small tub of superpump 250 and had about 1 and 1/4 scoop of fruit punch before. The Pump was sick since i was doing shoulders/arms but a few hours later my stomach is really uncomfortable. Nothing like a Diploshit situation but just aches. Normal? I dont recall ever having a stomach ache from the vaso.

Does anyone maybe have an even better PWO drink thats equally/more effective yet low side effects?

Other shit im taking:
    Xtend mixed with a creatine mono
    Pro Complex
    Daily Fish oil caps

2. romostud22

romostud22 New Member

I did vasocharge for a while but now I rock the nanovapor. I like it. Seems to get me rolling.

3. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i take massport followed by a 30g protein shake with 30g of waixy maze carbs

4. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

Fail bro. That defeats the purpose of waxy maize. Waxy Maize isn't absorbed as fast when it's mixed with a lot of something else. Take Waxy by itself or with creatine/beta alanine/arginine (any shit like this) and then 20 mins later, down your protein.

5. ErwinRommel

ErwinRommel New Member

Are you referring to a pre-workout drink? I always thought PWO was post work out. Regardless, I've been taking superpump recently and my stomach has been on the fritz. Same happens with no-xplode. Only one thats really worked well for me without the wonky stomach has been white flood.

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

bro. the massport has 20 grams of fast digesting carbs. i take it when im diong cardio or leaving the gym.. then i have a 20 minute drive home to where i just stuff more protein and carbs into my body. i fail to see the fail :p

7. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

I want to try Purple Warth for pre-workout but fucking a, shit's expensive. All that money must go to TIMBER. :mamoru:

8. ErwinRommel

ErwinRommel New Member

So should I drink my waxy pre-cardio, then drink protein after; or drink waxy after cardio then protein 20 minutes later?

9. Abomb

Abomb New Member

frank is over complicating this shit. for your purposes taking the protein and carbs together will be fine

10. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

:rofl: You're wrong man. It fucking defeats the purpose of Waxy Maize.

11. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

Take the Waxy Maize soon as you're done working out, 20 minutes later or so, take the protein. You can also take the Waxy pre-workout.. It just depends how many carbs you're wanting to take in.

12. NUDES

NUDES New Member

Ok well if you're taking the Waxy Maize for the benefits of the Waxy Maize then you'redoingitwrong.jpg

13. Abomb

Abomb New Member

i have had absolutely 0 problems growing from stacking waxy maize and protein together....as im sure everyone else on this board has had the same experience

with taht said. its time for a bro fight. call up your bros ill call up my bros and meet me behind walmart. bring weapons. no guns. vid is ok. see you there.

14. Abomb

Abomb New Member

like i already said. i personally am not doing it wrong. my post workout drink has 20g of fast digesting carbs and bcaas which i take then drive home. ~20 mins later i have another carb and protein drink

15. NUDES

NUDES New Member

God you are one stubborn cocksucker. Most people using waxy maize don't use it with protein. Because that defeats the purpose of buying Waxy Maize. If you're going to do that, just use dextrose or frosted flakes. Waxy Maize needs to be independent of other food.

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

ok fine. but explain to me the broscience behind it. if waxy maize digests fast and whey digests fast, combining two fast disgesting substances suddenly = slow digesting?

17. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

Read up on Waxy. Yes. When you mix Waxy with a lot of ANYTHING, it slows it down. I've been trying to find this information on a site but I haven't had any luck.

18. Abomb

Abomb New Member

so one scoop of protein would be considered a lot?

edit: the bro fight is off. beer on me.

19. Mike Hawk

Mike Hawk OT Supporter

what is so much better about this waxy maize shit compared to regular dextrose? I don't understand all the hype

20. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

Yea.... I know it sounds :wtf: but yes. If you're set on mixing your Waxy with Protein, you need a lot more Waxy than protein. Something like 80% more, I forget the exact # because I just stick to mixing creatine with mine.

I've been trying to find this shit online, I read it a long time ago but I can't find it. :o

21. Abomb

Abomb New Member

no i believe you bro. it does sound wtf but on the other hand i see how it makes sense.....

oh well, ill just keep using the massport to spike my insulin then ill use the wazy maixe and protein as just extra carbs + protein for my post workout drink..

22. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

Whats in your massport? Maybe try throwing in the Waxy with the Massport then taking the protein by itself after. :)

23. Abomb

Abomb New Member

[​IMG]

think it needs an extra scoop of waxy maize or leave it alone and do what im doing?

24. Frank Dux

Frank Dux Guest

Taking the waxy with this would be a much better idea. 20 minutes later, get your whey in.

25. Abomb

Abomb New Member

done. thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.