MMA switching it up a bit and getting more serious

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, May 20, 2007.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I want to compete at naga in july so Im gonna start training a little harder because I have been slacking after the mma event I fought in. Now its time to get back on the horse. Heres my training / conditioning plan for the next 2 months to get me ready. Tell me what you guys think

Diet
    Going for six meals a day and eating alot of salads in there as snacks to give me something and help me digest shit.

8:00 - Whey Protein with 1 cup of 1% Milk and one bannana

10:00 - Small Salad

12:00 - Turkey Breast and choped up corn, carrots, peas and other veggies

2:00 - Small Salad

5:00 - Small Salad

7:00 - Turkey breast and veggies

Conditioning Routine
    Mond
    Boxing 5:00 - 7:00
    Bike 7:00 - 7:30
    Bag Work 7:30 - 8:30

Tues
    Muay Thai 6:00 - 7:30
    Grappeling 8:00 - 9:00
    Sprint Cirquits

Wends

Thurs
    Muay Thai 6:00 - 7:30
    Grappeling 8:00 - 9:00
    Sprint Cirquits

Fri

Sat
    Muay Thai 10:00 - 12:30
    Sprint Cirquits 12:30 - 1:00

Sun

thats the ploan for now im thinking about adding more stuff on the weekends

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

its not wendsday

its wednesday

3. deadbolt

deadbolt New Member

he's a fighter, not a student:mamoru:

4. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

BAH, Microsoft office and its damned spell check has killed me. I never learned how to spell certain words right because spell check would just fix it for me... So I have a degree and still cant spell for shit some times

5. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

wow you do a lot of boxing/mt. personally I would maybe replace a couple striking sessions with some more grappling but its your call. seems like you have a pretty good schedule to stay in shape, good job.

6. phuree

phuree New Member

Are you adding any weight lifting into those days?

Mon wed fri?

7. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah theres some other stuff im adding in there im switching up my weight routine now for something more effective I might do HIT 2 days a week and then do some muscle edurance excercises and switch it up im still doing some research on that.

Im going to also get more grappeling in on the weekends maybee try and get 6 hours a week of grappeling. Ill probably try to throw in a abb routine and a run in there too

8. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

Same here, just went and threw out all my pepsi, chips, hot wings, and candy. Went to the story and got a bunch of turkey and chicken, wheat thins, tuna, wheat bread, rice cakes, and the such. Gonna start going to the gym with a guy I grapple with that also fights on tuesdays, thursdays, and saturday. Also going to do my Bas tapes :)mamoru:) for an hour on fridays. This is ontop of open mat on sunday, drilling on monday, and cardio and kickboxing on wednesday.

9. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah im not really into bjj classes that much because alot of the teachers dont work with you enough for you to learn anything they will go through 4 - 5 techniques in a class and before you can get one down they are already going off on a tangent about another one. I think ideally you shouldnt learn more then 2 techniques at a time so that you can use those properly. So Ill go to bjj for a little while see what the guys talking about take some notes and then go practice it on my own with freinds.

Open mat days are the best thats when you really can focus on your technique. I go over all my escapes on saturdays submitions etc. You can get more work done in an hour or two of an open mat day then if you go to a shit load of classes.

10. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Sounds like a problem with the instructor or you, not BJJ as an art. Is there another school near you that you can try to compare?

11. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Ive been to other schools really every one seems to have the same format in my area they go through 3 - 5 techniques and then let you roll for what evr times left. The only time it was different was when I was learning grappling in a karate dojo. The guy went through 3 techniques in 2 hours but you had it down packed and were able to use it when you left. The 3 techniques were really variations of the same technique. Showed the kimora and how to do it all of us got to do it 25 times each then the other person tried it then we did it again. Mindless repitition. Then he went into all the details to get more out of it and then went into setting it up. Then he did the same process for the kimora in side control and then in the mount.

Thanks to that guy I love kimoras

12. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Eat that whey and banana with some oatmeal. It will keep your blood sugar nice and steady so you don't get energy highs and lows throughout your day. Eating oatmeal every day in the morning is the single best change I've made to my diet.

13. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

ill try it out thanks how much oatmeal I might eat some oatmeal at my 10:00 meal or have it in the morning and switch the protein up

14. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Mix oatmeal + milk + protein ftw. I can't eat more than half a cup in the mornings, its quite filling.

15. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah sounds good i was thinking about adding more carbs in the morning to get me through the day