Switching Carriers - What's the process?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by titleist123, Oct 17, 2004.

1. titleist123

titleist123 Guest

I've been on Sprint for over 5 years, and have seens the quality of reception dropping recently. Thus, I'm looking into switching my entire family's cellular needs to Verizon.

What's the best way to do this?

-Call Verizon first? Call Sprint first?

My goal would be to:
    a) keep all our numbers
    b) get the best deal
    c) have minimal down-time (When a friend switched from Sprint to T-mobile, he was without service for about 4-5 days during the transition)

2. turbodeuce

turbodeuce ....................

Jun 13, 2004
    You're out of contract with all your sprint lines right?

Don't call Sprint, leave your service active. Bring in your Sprint Bill to Verizon, they will take care of the rest. Your downtime as long as everythign goes as it should will probably be a couple of hours, although your Sprint phone will continue to work during that time. You will be able to make outgoing calls with both phones, but incoming calls will go to your sprint phone. Once the port in is complete your sprint will automatically cancel and your verizon phone will be fully active.
  3. titleist123

titleist123 Guest

Yes, the contracts are all expired.

Thanks for the tip.
  4. oakie

oakie my ninja.

Nov 20, 2001
    Verizon and Sprint share the CDMA/PCS network up here in Seattle, so the coverage for both companies is the same, and roaming is possible and chargable in some areas up here, even on a nationwide plan.

make sure your area isnt the same or your coverage will be just as spotty. be aware of the 14 day return policy and use it if you have to.