MMA switched over to south paw

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, May 18, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

I was born left handed but I have been fighting orthodox for a long time because of an elbow injury I couldn't effectively use my right jab and the way I fight I use a lot of jabs to control and gauge distance. Its been about a year and a half since Ive fought south paw. I switched over the other day because my injury has fully healed. God damn it was like I opened up the flood gates.

I was able to use my power hand again and my right jabs and right hooks are ALOT stronger then they used to be since I was using that as my power hand in training. I was sparring with a freind and I caught him with my right hook on the button and was just going to town on people with my jab. My round house and front kicks are way better now.

Everything just feels right again I was a little rusty when I started out on my left side again but after a round or two everything was coming back quick. Felt fucking great.

2. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Im ambidextrous its great fun switching stance mid round to confuse people and of course catch them with the Right Hook. My favorite is slipping a jab inside and throwing a looping right hand Id connect on that punch 80% of the time I reckon. I also found its heaps easier to shoot for a single from southpaw.

3. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

i just started as well. i punch much stronger and quicker with my left hand.

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I'll switch things up depending on which hand is broken at the moment :mamoru:

5. tkluu

tkluu New Member

fighting southpaws can be fun/fustrating

against ppl smaller than me, i can throw right body/high kicks and circle right afterwards and its really hard for your opponent to counter

6. tkluu

tkluu New Member

of course, bigger southpaws can do that to me :wtc::o