FRK Switch: Does it exist

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dominion, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Just wanting to get a new topic going, I think I saw this awhile back but haven't seen it lately and maybe new FSers have opinions :)

Question: In your opinion, is there a such thing as a true switch in the BDSM community? Why or why not? (hehe essay style ftw...make sure to show your work!) :p

My belief is that a switch does exist, it is possible in my opinion for a submissive person to also have a dominate side. I also feel that a completely dominate personality has a side to that enjoys being at some level submissive while still being the one in control. Switching from what I believe comes together alot when two submissives get together.

2. Xyroquell

Xyroquell New Member

Yes a true switch does exist. One of my friends can easily change from Dom to sub and vice-versa. Even within the same game. Liking one flavour doesn't mean you dislike the other.

Just like driving a car. I'm sometimes in the mood for sight-seeing.. so I drive slowly and reach my destination whenever I feel like it. But sometimes I'm just want to hurry up and I have to be careful not to get caught for speeding.

Anyway, maybe you can try a game in which there are several masters, each controling one or more subs. But the masters are also under supervision of one Dom. When you're a master you're Dom to your subs while you're submissive to the Dom above you.

3. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

Switches DEFINATELY exist and on several different levels. There are those that can easily enjoy both aspect of BDSM play. If they are into rope, they may like just as much to be rope bottom as they ike being the rope top doing the tying. I know of many Tops that enjoy the pleasures of pain and will submit to others for the sensations. There are also ranked systems where one Dom has several beneath them and those 'subs' take several roles (some Dom some sub) along the way while still being sub to the overseeing top.

I wholeheartedly belive that there are a lot of switches out there that are the real thing. HEll i'm not a full switch, I still feel happiest as a slave, but I will take on a Dom role when it needs to happen, or my Master commands it of me (like when we played with our pet).

Either way, there is a lot of grey area in this world as much as in the vanilla world. Anyone that argues that there are absolutes doesn't really know what they are talking about.

4. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

Yes, switches exist. I am one.

I am naturally subordinate to men, dominate to women. Its always been that way. Thats why I have more guy friends than girl friends.

When I was younger, all the guys flocked to me. I was cute and I was a tomboy. I went along with the crowd and could throw my own shit if need be. I was rough and rowdy with them, mouthy and loud. I was one of the guys. But when it came down to it, I was still a chick. But the fact that I did what they did (and said on occasion) made me desireable.

With the chicks, it was another story. I always felt like I was in competition. This might have had something to do with the school that I went to. It was full of snobby rich kids... which I was not. They all had the newest clothes, the fanciest shoes, and the nicest cars (even before they were old enough to drive). I, on the other hand, was kicking payless shoes and rocking the latest walmart wear. I got picked on a lot, and came to resent most girls for their bullshit. I didn't tolerate it for long, and became just as bitchy and catty as they were. But since I wasn't a stupid bubble headed bimbo like most, I still had my fair share of the guys and a few really good girl friends (that I still have 18 years later).

Now, things are a little different. I sub only to my fiancé. I'm pretty sure that he's the only one I would sub to as well. (Not just because we're in a relationship, but because he's the only one I would trust enough to do so).

If I was ever given the chance to top another guy, I probably would. I know in the past that I said I never would, but I don't think I feel that way anymore. As much as it disturbs me to see a man being sissified, I still think that I would like it.

My fiancé wants me to top another girl. I'm totally fine with that. Although I only ever picture topping a mousy, quiet one, not one that rivals me in crassness and superiority. (Although doing so with a chick like the ones I've encountered in life that made my teeth grind to dust would give me vindication for all the shit I put up with from their kind.)

I'm not sure this is going anywhere... but anyway...

yes, switches exist. And being one has made me extremely strong. I can let go in the bedroom with the one I trust, but I can carry myself with pride and a sense of accomplishment knowing that I could scare the piss out of anyone who dared to cross me the wrong way. I'm always amazed at the looks that I get when I go out now. Carrying myself the way that I do, I think I put off that sort of air that makes people look at you and see that you're strong and powerful. That feels good. Very good.

5. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

i also agree with PE... there is a lot of gray area to be dealt with in this category. it takes a certain type of mentality to be a switch. i think that some think they have, while others actually do have it.

6. NCS

NCS Active Member

yes they exist, but a true 50 50 balance never quite does. the right way to look at it is its in function of mood and in function of the partner involved. its never "i prefer each equally" because there is no measurement for feelings