swirls galore.. so frustrating :( someone please help

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by hewmanbing, Sep 25, 2005.

1. hewmanbing

hewmanbing your mom is hot.

after about my 2nd wash and wax with my new car I found that I have HORRID swirls all over in the paint... it is disturbingly apparent in bright sunlight... there are billions of them too...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

they are extremely fine swirls.. but there are so many of them is almost makes my paint look hazy at times.

I followed the faq before ever getting the car and used:

ClearKote's (http://www.clearkote.net) Vanilla Moose
    Poorboy's EX-P Sealant
    ClearKote's Carnauba Moose Wax

I initally used a applicator pad that you'd find at wal-mart to apply the products, and a microfiber cloth to buff them out... then after noticing the horrid swirls, I switched to a terrycloth to buff... but it didn't seem to help. I'm thinking the swirls are from one of the first wash/waxes that I did..

It's so disappointing to spend so many hours washing, drying, and waxing a car just to see the end product look like complete shit. :wtc:

someone please help!!! give me tips or tell me where I went wrong..

2. Fast GTO

Fast GTO New Member

Wash with dawn dish soap and then wash again with automotive wash.

Dry completely, let cool...

Park in the shade and then reapply your wax and buff out with microfiber.

That is the quick and easy assuming you don't want to go through the long process of prepping, polishing, waxing, etc...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005
  3. hewmanbing

hewmanbing your mom is hot.

thanks for the advice. it turns out that all of the swirls are only in the wax/sealant, and not the paint (which I think is why you suggest the dawn?). reason I think this is because today I went out and revised my waxing technique (I was doing circular motions earlier which I now know is bad..). This time I wiped in a straight back and forth motion, and found that now there are no "halo" swirls anymore, but now there are back and forth straight "swirls" which are MUCH less noticeable... but I'm going to do what you suggest as well and I took Scottwax's advice and ordered a PC kit.. maybe that will help out in the future :hsd:

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Do not wash with dish soap!!!!!

Dish soap has strong degreasers and is not good for your paint. Polish is a much better way to strip down the paint prior to waxing and moves the detailing process forward. Dish soap moves it backward.

The only time you should use dish soap it prior to repainting.